Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > NinjaTrader 8 > Platform Technical Support

Platform Technical Support General platform technical support for NinjaTrader 8.

NinjaTrader

Old 04-13-2018, 05:44 PM   #1
nicolasgoodday

Default How to plot ETH data with RTH indicators

Hello Kyle,
My requirement is similar as Pedro's. My trading window is from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm and y need to see the high and low of the previos day in that particular price window.

I already set this values in a new trading hour template and works perfect, also the prior day OHLC indicator works perfect. The problem is that this settings hide the price from 4:00 pm to 9:30 am of the next day and all the historical data. Is there a way to show the price action hidden ? I need it to set my pre-market and backtesting routine. Thanks

I'm trading the futures E mini S&P 500 with NT8.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:36 AM   #2
Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasgoodday View Post
Hello Kyle,
My requirement is similar as Pedro's. My trading window is from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm and y need to see the high and low of the previos day in that particular price window.

I already set this values in a new trading hour template and works perfect, also the prior day OHLC indicator works perfect. The problem is that this settings hide the price from 4:00 pm to 9:30 am of the next day and all the historical data. Is there a way to show the price action hidden ? I need it to set my pre-market and backtesting routine. Thanks

I'm trading the futures E mini S&P 500 with NT8.
I do have a solution available that does not hide the price action. Basically it is an indicator that loads a secondary bar series of minute data and then determines high, low and close based on selected trading hours. A plot for the cash session open can be added if needed. Trading hours maybe preset for different instruments, so that you only need to set them once and not change them again when toggling between different instruments.You will also be able to display high, low and close for the prior week, the prior month, the prior quarter or the prior year, all based on the selected cash session. Due to its complexity this indicator is not available open source but offered as a commercial product. Please contact me via PM for a free trial.
Attached Images
File Type: png ES 06-18 (15 Minute) 2018_04_13.png (51.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-21-2018, 08:27 AM   #3
NinjaTrader_PatrickG
NinjaTrader Customer Service

nicolasgoodday, I've moved your post to its own thread within the NinjaTrader 8 forums.

In addition to Harry's custom solution, this can also be accomplished by adding multiple data series to your charts. You can then choose to have your indicators plotting on whichever data series you wish with the appropriate session template while also being able to see the price action for all times. Here is a video which discusses this capability:

https://youtu.be/XRGxiO3XW-k

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ETH High/Low on RTH data series chart claxxical Platform Technical Support 8 01-02-2018 03:26 PM
Continuum Demo data - futures RTH and ETH alexstox Platform Technical Support 3 11-24-2015 05:06 AM
Rollover and different data in ETH and RTH templates mantak007 Platform Technical Support 5 06-12-2012 02:51 AM
Help with ETH vs. RTH Data ToddPMan Platform Technical Support 8 11-14-2011 09:16 AM
How to plot begging of session of RTH inside ETH. ipoppy Platform Technical Support 2 01-12-2011 02:42 AM