Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Draw Region Freezing NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw Region Freezing NT8

Hi, I am having a problem with Draw Region completely freezing the platform when I try to scroll back on a chart. It only has 2 days of data that it's pulling up but it still requires me to completely shut down NT8 and restart in order to use the chart again. It's strange though because I can't move the window, or exit out of it or scroll back once it freezes but price still moves on the chart.

Has anyone else been having an issue with it?

I shouldn't have performance issues as it's only 2 lines of code in the indicator testing it and I'm running an i7 with 24 gigs of ram.

Hello clubfoot, and thank you for your question. It is very easy to create very computationally intensive indicators and strategies using the Draw.Region method, enough to overwhelm even a system with a lot of RAM and a fast processor. I would like to advise you to use a second data series that triggers draws, so that you can use your more granular data series to define draw regions, and then fill them in sporadically. I have included a code example where I have done so, intended to run on 10 minute bars. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Attached Files
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jessica! Sadly that will not work for it though as I need it to update using 1 minute bars. Would it be possible to have this update purely on close vs on every tick of every bar? I think that may be what is slowing it down.

Comment

Updating on bar close, rather than on every tick, will definitely speed up your strategy. If your CalculationMode is OnEachTick, you may accomplish this by changing this to OnBarClose.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes