Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Converting Wicked (Better) Renko to NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting Wicked (Better) Renko to NT8

I have used the Wicked Renko Bar also known as Better Renko for years on NT7 It is just a Renko bar with wicks. Has anyone converted it to NT8 and if so how may I find it?

Thank you

Hello 123r34,

I'm not aware of this bar type being ported to NinjaTrader 8 at this time.

However, this thread will remain open for any community members who may know of a link to this script, or would like to create this as a convenience to you.

You can also contact one of our professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT Renko bars for NT8

Does anyone know if NT Renko bars are available for NT8?

If so, where?

Thanks...

Comment

Hello Thomas,

There is a Renko bar that is included with NinjaTrader. If you are referring to a custom Renko bar type I'm not aware this has been ported to NT8 at this time.

This thread will remain open for any community members that may know of this script.

Below I am linking the one custom renko bar type that is currently available on the NinjaTrader forums for NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Zip File for NT 7 Wicked (Better) Renko

This is the zip file for the Wicked (Better) Renko that works with NT7. Hopefully someone will make the modifications so it will work with NT8 and post it to the NT8 Indicators section of the forum. This bar type is the NT Renko bar with the wicks added to show where the price really went. It is a great bar to use in real time but NT7 could not back test it correctly so it was worthless for strategy back testing.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Chelsea. That UniRenko is an excellent indicator for someone looking for Renko with wicks.

There was a freebie Renko (from a third party site) that plugged into Data Series called NT Renko. They haven't offered a NT 8 version that I know of. Hopefully, soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 123r34 View Post
              I have used the Wicked Renko Bar also known as Better Renko for years on NT7 It is just a Renko bar with wicks. Has anyone converted it to NT8 and if so how may I find it?

Thank you
              Today I added this (and BetterBrick chart style) at http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ks.php?catid=9 (NT8 miscellaneous downloads)

Comment

Hello Dale,
                Thanks for the Better Renko upgrade for NT8. I am a little confused. When I went to download the Ninjascript it showed that you had posted 2 scripts. 1 called Better Brick at 2.33KB and 1 called Better Renko at 2.42KB. I thought they were 2 different downloads because of the different name and file size. When I downloaded NT8 asked if I wish to overwrite existing file after I had downloaded the first one. Would you clear this up for me? Is it 2 different bar types or if it is only 1? Which file size is the correct one to use if there is only 1 new bar type?

Comment

Originally posted by 123r34 View Post
                  Hello Dale,
                  Thanks for the Better Renko upgrade for NT8. I am a little confused. When I went to download the Ninjascript it showed that you had posted 2 scripts. 1 called Better Brick at 2.33KB and 1 called Better Renko at 2.42KB. I thought they were 2 different downloads because of the different name and file size. When I downloaded NT8 asked if I wish to overwrite existing file after I had downloaded the first one. Would you clear this up for me? Is it 2 different bar types or if it is only 1? Which file size is the correct one to use if there is only 1 new bar type?
                  Hmm, I double-checked and it looks good from here.You can look "inside" each zip file and see BetterRenko.cs (which will import into the BarsTypes folder) and BetterBrick.cs (which will import into the ChartStyles folder.

BetterRenko is the actual bar type, with trades accumulated into bars.
                  BetterBrick is a chart style that shows the bar in the "renko" open/close style.

Comment

How to AddDataSeries for Unirenko Bars for NT 8?

Anybody know how to code UniRenko or the Wicked Renko bars as DataSeries for an indicator in NinjaTrader 8.

else if (State == State.Configure)
                    {
                    AddDataSeries(Data.BarsPeriodType.??????);
                    }

Thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi woodyfox,

From the help guide in the Tips box on the AddDataSeries() page.

"2. You can add a custom BarsType which is installed on your system by casting the registered enum value for that BarsPeriodType. For example: AddDataSeries((BarsPeriodType)14, 10);
                      3. You can specify optional BarsPeriod values (such as Value2) of a custom BarsType in the BarsPeriod object initializer. For example: AddDataSeries(new BarsPeriod() { BarsPeriodType = (BarsPeriodType)14, Value = 10, Value2 = 20 });"

Comment

Wow Thanks for the quick reply. Very helpful.
                        Woody

Comment

Hi

I just posted WickedRenko bars in Version8 indicators section.

Comment

I have wondered what the difference is between Wicked Renko and Better Renko. I have used Wicked Renko on NT7 for a long time and it is my favorite bar to use except NT7's Backtester doesn't give accurate results when using it. I am hoping the Wicked Renko or Better Renko will backtest more accurately on NT8.

Comment

Aslan from futures.io wrote Wicked Renko as an improvement to NT's built-in Renko bars. However, both the built-in Renko and Wicked Renko do not backtest accurately in the Strategy Analyzer unless you add a "fudge factor" via slippage or commission.

He later wrote Better Renko. Better Renko is the only Renko bar that backtests "accurately" without having to add an extra fudge factor via slippage/commission.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post alifarahani  
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH