SharpDX SDK Tutorial or Webinar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SharpDX SDK Tutorial or Webinar?

I hesitate to ask for this because I know Sharp DX is not officially supported by Ninjatrader, yet it seems the most efficient way to programmatically draw on the chart. I have found as my ideas become more intricate the need for efficiency in my plotting becomes a requirement.

I've looked over the documentation and also outside references and still fall short in implementing Sharp DX in my indicators.

If NinjaTrader or any Senior Dev's would be so kind as to provide a tutorial or webinar, I would really appreciate it.

I can use Sharp DX to print something on every bar but as soon as I try to implement my indicator logic I get a bit confused. I haven't quite been able to wrap my head around changing my thinking from calling draw objects inside OnBarUpdate() to OnRender().

Thanks very much -

Westsider

Hello westsider,

Thanks for opening the thread.

I can see value in what you are requesting. I will forward this request to my lead so we can discuss it further.

For the time being, it is important to note that OnBarUpdate() and OnRender() are not in sync with each other and referencing a Series object from OnRender() may not be guaranteed. In such a case, it would be advised to use Series.GetValueAt() instead of brackets to reference a Series object.

We also have a SampleCustomRender indicator bundled with NinjaTrader 8 that demonstrates how to do various custom drawing techniques.

OnRender() documentation has some important notes to consider. I will provide a link for the forums reference if you have already seen the documentation: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../?onrender.htm

Thanks for providing your input.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your input Jim. I previously studied the provided script you mentioned and it really impressed me -- https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../?onrender.htm

The draw speed and ability to see the current values on any bar is what made me decide that I must get acquainted with Sharp DX.

Thank you for your reply and I look forward to learning more.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888
      by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes