Suggest Option to turn Exit confirmation off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggest Option to turn Exit confirmation off

It would be a good idea to put an option in the General Options tab to turn off Exit Confirmation.

Thanks for your suggestion.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Requesting this feature again so NinjaTrader can be shutdown without human intervention or the use of third-party tools.

Comment

Hello Mr_You,

Unfortunately, I am not sure if I follow. Could you please clarify how you like NinjaTrader to be shutdown.

Am I correct you to have an option where you can enter a time at which NinjaTrader will be shutdown?
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Right now I am starting NinjaTrader from Task Scheduler using a batch file which just executes NinjaTrader.exe because for some reason Task Scheduler doesn't like "long directory/file names". You can duplicate this by creating a Task in Task Scheduler and browsing to the NinjaTrader.exe program under the "Start a Program" Action. The error is invalid directory or such. But from what I recall this has always been a Windows issue.

But regarding this feature request, and because of being unable to specify Task Scheduler "Settings" to "Stop the task if it runs longer than 12 hours", I would also like to "taskkill" NinjaTrader.exe from a batch file in order to shutdown NinjaTrader at a specific time. Unfortunately this isn't possible because NinjaTrader ALWAYS presents the "save Workspace confirmation" dialog on exit.

Many software packages often have an option to disable confirmation dialogs, or autosave, or do not show the confirmation dialogs if nothing has been changed.

If there is a workaround or if there is a way to schedule connecting to the data provider that would be fine, but using the Task Scheduler to start/stop NinjaTrader is sufficient. If NinjaTrader support can determine and document a way to start/stop NinjaTrader from Task Scheduler directly this would also satisfy my needs without the use of batch files.
          Last edited by Mr_You; 07-19-2011, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I will forward your suggestion to development to insert it in our tracking system for possible future enhancements. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Your suggestion is added and has been assigned ID# 1131.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post adeelshahzad  
              Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
              10 responses
              1 like