Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using Indicator list & Indicator return Values as a input parameters to an indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Indicator list & Indicator return Values as a input parameters to an indicator

Hi,

I would like to create an indicator, that plot non plotable return values of indicators. I need to pass the selected indicator as a param and the to also choose which value I would like to show (much like Bloodhound does, as an example).

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

Can you explain what values you are trying to plot or provide a specific example of one?

In general a indicator can plot any value you would like or those from another indicator, but it would depend on how it was programmed and how it would need to be accessed.

The user selection can be created using an Enum, I can provide an example of this as well, first can you provide an example of an indicator value you are trying to access so that I can provide a more full example?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse.

What I would like to do is to create an indicator that will allow to plot any indicator value, including these that are not plotted. There should be a way to get a list of the indicators and choose one, and same for the output values of the indicator.

I am using an amazing indicator which is called BloodHound, which is doing something similar, but they are returning a value between 0-1, where I would like to return any value. BloodHound allow you to choose any Indicator, which is installed. It's surely not enum. See the attached screen of BJ Indicator selector.

Also the NT wizard does the same, let you choose a value or values from an indicator of the existing list.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Shai Samuel; 09-13-2015, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the example.

This would not really be something I could assist with regarding NinjaTrader 7. This would require unsupported/undocumented code to allow this type of item to be created. Partly for the user interface modification if that would be part of this, also for the listing of the indicators collection for each chart window. For this, I am unaware if any users have already posted any examples online that demonstrate listing the indicators.

This would likely be possible going forward in NinjaTrader 8 when it is released, as there are more freedoms with NinjaScript and Addons can now be created. For NinjaTrader 7 this would be something I have no example of to provide or any documentation on.

If any other uses know of ways to do this in NinjaTrader 7, they can post their experience on this topic.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes