Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ChartToolbarExample

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChartToolbarExample

Hi, I'm using Ninja_chelsea's charttoolbar example indie code for my custom indie.
    I'm only using the top menu section of the custom toolbar and not the left menu.
    I need to know how to eliminate the left menu so that I can reclaim that space for the chart, but every time I try something the chart morphs into something unrecoverable and I have to restart Ninja8.
    Can you please provide an example of how I can modify (what sections of code to remove) Ninja_chelsea's charttoolbar example to remove all of the left menu items in order to be able to reclaim the space used by the left menu items to be used for the chart in plotting data.

Also, the charttoolbar example remains active for each tab of a multi-tab chart however it is only usable on the one chart tab that the indie was inserted on. Trying to add it to other chart tabs simply adds another instance of the menu which renders it unusable. Do you have any examples of making this indie code example work with multi-tab charts or can you give me some suggestions on how to make it work?

Thanks
    Last edited by dtl-saw; 12-05-2016, 09:58 AM. Reason: additional question

Hello dtl-saw,

The column definitions, the logic to set the grid columns, the leftInnerGrid, leftMenu1, leftMenu2, VerticalStackPanel, leftMenu1Item1, leftMenu1Item1SubItem1, and leftMenu1Item1SubItem2 controls can all be removed.

The indicator is added to a specific tab and a specific panel within that tab.

To have this only show for the current tab, take a look at the ChartToolBarCustomMenuExample which has an example of hiding objects when a different tab is selected.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 12-05-2016, 11:22 AM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This example is broke on multiple tabs

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello dtl-saw,

To have this only show for the current tab, take a look at the ChartToolBarCustomMenuExample which has an example of hiding objects when a different tab is selected.
      http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...333#post483333

I'm having problems with this sample indicator.

I started a fresh chart and installed the "ChartToolBarCustomMenuExample" -- works and looks great!
      I then added a tab to the chart and installed the indicator on the chart of the new tab and the menu doesn't show up. It's not there although I see the label for the indicator in the upper left corner of the chart.
      What I expected was that any tab that didn't have the indicator installed on would not show the custom menu item and any tab that did have the indicator installed on would show the menu item. What I get is only 1 tab with a menu item.

I then did this experiment:
      I have 2 tabs and each tab has the indicator installed. The first tab shows the menu item and the second tab doesn't. Then I remove the indicator from the first tab and switch to the second tab and F5 reload ninjascript and now the menu item shows on the second tab. I then load the indicator back onto the 1st tab and remove the indicator from the second tab. Again look at first tab and nothing, hit F5 reload ninjascript and menu item appears.

Can you test it on your end and see if you get same results?

I'll be waiting anxiously for your fix!
      Thanks
      Last edited by dtl-saw; 12-07-2016, 12:41 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi dtl-saw,

Thanks for letting me know the example does not quite work the way you would like it to work.

I've updated the example to make this a better example.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post maybeimnotrader  
        Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes