Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 How to get Higher highs of a specific dataseries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 How to get Higher highs of a specific dataseries

hello, I'm trying to solve this problem in NT8...
    I need to select the bars over a value of the indicator1( for example VOL indicator).
    After that, I would to select the bars that meet the condition High[0]>High[1] into this specific dataseries ( = bars with VOL > X). So the indicator should indicates the higher highs of the VOL>x data series.
    I'm not a programmer so sorry for the newbie question. thank you!

Hello zteck,

Thank you for your note.

I have built a strategy which will draw an arrow and assign the Close of that bar to a data series named higherHighsVolOverX, for any bar who’s volume is above user defined volume level I called xVolume, and whos bar also has a higher high then the last bar.

I have attached the strategy.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Attached Files
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you so much AlanP!!!. I'm going to post with your help every update of my Indicator. I hope this thread can help newbies like me.

Comment

the indicator draws an arrow below the bar has a higher high then the last bar. I'm looking for the bar of the volume=xVolume serie that it has the higher high then the previous high of the bar of the same volume=XVolume serie. so I'm looking for the higher high not over all bar in the chart but just in the bar that has volume=xvolume...
        Last edited by zteck; 12-29-2016, 05:03 PM.

Comment

for example in the image below the orange bars meet the condition " if(Volume[0]>xVolume && High[0]>High[1])" but I'm looking for another condition.if xvolume=10, I would see a green arrow below bar 2 because of bar2 meets volume[0]>xVolume and High( bar2)>High(bar 1) , where "High(bar2)"= High[0] of the Volume[0]>xVolume serie and "High(bar1)"=High[1] of the same serie. Indeed, bar 1 in the chart is the the only previous bar with volume[0]>xVolume.
          Bar3 has Volume[0]>xvolume but its high is lower than bar2 high so it shouldn't be in this serie.

Last edited by zteck; 12-29-2016, 05:36 PM.

Comment

another example...
            orange bars belong to VolOverXserie ( = volume>x). I would to found every bar that its high is over the previuos high's bar of the same serie(orange bars' serie).
            Green arrows signal each Higher High of Orange bars.
            Last edited by zteck; 12-30-2016, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Hello Zteck,

I have attached an indicator which will draw a orange arrow anytime volume of that bar is over a defined threshold, xVolume. The indicator will then plot a green arrow if volume is over the threshold and the current high is greater than the previous high the last time volume was over the threshold.

Attached Files

Comment

thank you so much AlanP!!! the indicator works very well. I appreciate your support very much.
                I wish you a new year's day. see you next year

Comment

hello,
                  the code seems doesn't work . i tried the same way times ago with the same results

Last edited by zteck; 01-02-2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Hello Zteck,

What instrument are you applying that indicator to? Could you please take a screen shot of the entire chart including time axis, instrument, and price similar to the one I have attached?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
                    Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to your reply.
                    Attached Files

Comment

hello, AlanP and thank you for your reply.
                      this is my chart. blue arrows signal the wrong behaviour
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by zteck; 01-02-2017, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Hello Zteck,

The indicator I previously supplied you in post #7 does not draw an arrow where you’ve pointed out, see attached screen shot.

I have reattached the indicator which draws green arrows above the bar which met your initial conditions.

In the support department at NinjaTrader we do not create, debug, or modify code for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

We do have a large ecosystem available to help you with programming logic questions. You can post on our forum and ask the other 40,000+ forum members.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Attached Files
                        Last edited by NinjaTrader_AlanP; 01-02-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

ok , I won't waste my time and your time anymore. thank you anyway

Comment

Originally posted by zteck View Post
                            ok , I won't waste my time and your time anymore. thank you anyway
                            The nt8 currentdayohlc does this for current day.

Take a look there as a starting point

Comment

thanks man for the reply!!! I'm trying to do that. the starting point should be the "trigger" signal. In my case should be when Volume[0]>xVolume.I made a script that gets the currentHighs from this signal but I would get not the bars above this signal but the signals (Volume[0]>xVolume) above this startring signal. so
                              the indicator should show me the current signal High from the first signal bar :P. I'm a newbi so I'm wasting a lot of time with that :P

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post frankthearm