Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Draw Text in Future on Time Scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw Text in Future on Time Scale

Dear Support,

I want to be able (using an indicator) to draw text or an object for a future event based on a calendar event on time scale (i.e. W, D, M).

There are two problems:

1. The drawn object will not show until the Current time equals the event time
    2. The Cross Hair freezes and does not show future time beyond the current time to read the time of the future event.

Question please:

Why Ninjatrader does not plot in future and Cross Hair will not show time past the current time? Is Ninja ever going to have this capability?

Almost all platforms out there (TOS, TS, etc.) allow you to see for example future events such as earnings, div, news, etc. It is puzzling that Ninja can not do that, yet this is an old question and a feature that has been requested many times in the past.

Cheers!

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward your request as a feature request.

1. The drawn object is there and you can see it's information by right clicking in your chart > select Drawing Objects.
    2. The chart will not scroll further than the current bar. You can expand the chart window and move the last bar to the far left. However, in the request I forward to development I will note that the idea is to be able to view the object without restriction to the current bar.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello aligator,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward your request as a feature request.

1. The drawn object is there and you can see it's information by right clicking in your chart > select Drawing Objects.
      2. The chart will not scroll further than the current bar. You can expand the chart window and move the last bar to the far left. However, in the request I forward to development I will note that the idea is to be able to view the object without restriction to the current bar.

Thank you Patrick,

I think the main issue is that "The chart will not scroll further than the current bar" and the Cross Hair x-value freezes past the current bar. Why is this impossible to fix in Ninja? This capability is a standard feature in all other platforms.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
        Dear Support,

I want to be able (using an indicator) to draw text or an object for a future event based on a calendar event on time scale (i.e. W, D, M).

There are two problems:

1. The drawn object will not show until the Current time equals the event time
        2. The Cross Hair freezes and does not show future time beyond the current time to read the time of the future event.

Question please:

Why Ninjatrader does not plot in future and Cross Hair will not show time past the current time? Is Ninja ever going to have this capability?

Almost all platforms out there (TOS, TS, etc.) allow you to see for example future events such as earnings, div, news, etc. It is puzzling that Ninja can not do that, yet this is an old question and a feature that has been requested many times in the past.

Cheers!
        Seconded. Please work on this functionality. It makes no sense that the user does not have the ability to place a marker (or a Region X Highlight) in the future and have it remain where placed.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your vote on this feature.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1956 . Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your comments.

We do take into account the demand for such features during the development process. If anyone else would like to add a vote for this feature please feel free to comment on this thread.

Comment

Hello,

please add my vote for this request.

Also, how do we know whether it (SFT-1956) has been reviewed and/or slated for implementation and eventually its timeline?

Just to add more comments: the dates don't end at current date (although the label on the crosshair does), but they continue to the right. What is very frustrating is that, even on a one-instrument chart, they continue as regular calendar days, including non-trading days such as weekends and holidays. That means that, if you place any drawing object on such a day, it will inevitably be moved later. It would be great if the non-trading days would be filtered out based on the instruments trading schedule.

Thanks,

Libor

Comment

Originally posted by liborc View Post
                Also, how do we know whether it (SFT-1956) has been reviewed and/or slated for implementation and eventually its timeline?
                Hello Libor,

Thank you for your post. I have added your vote for this feature.

These items would be internal until implemented into the product. I could not comment on when it has been reviewed or slated for implementation.

Comment

Thumbs up as well

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                    Hello aligator,

Thank you for your comments.

We do take into account the demand for such features during the development process. If anyone else would like to add a vote for this feature please feel free to comment on this thread.
                    Please Reference tracking # SFT-1956.

Please note that this feature has been requested many times in the past 7 years that I know of and no one has ever given a reason why Ninja can not implement this required and practical charting feature.

As a trader for the past 40 years, I can assure you that this is an essential feature of almost all charting packages and is not a feature based on popularity contest.

Frankly, NT8 has been in the making for the past 5 years and 8 years for NT7. This is enough time to design, build, test, and launch a Mars lander. Where is Ray these days, let's get on with it. You can see TOS or TS as examples.

Thanks.

Comment

thanks for this!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post elderan
                      by elderan