• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IG Markets

Can ninjatrader be connected with IG Markets

Hello fiddy,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader is supported by 100's of brokers worldwide for futures, forex and equities but unfortunately we do not support IG Markets.
    Please review our preferred broker list and let me know if you have any questions.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is it likely that Ninja Trader will be able to connect to IG any-time soon ?
      IG do have a comprehensive API and thousands of retail clients, alogside well established institutional clients.

Comment

Hello ZOTICUS,

Thank you for your forum post.

It looks like connectivity to IG Markets has not been established.

Since the type of connectivity you are seeking is not presently supported within NinjaTrader, I have documented this particular brokerage connection and have sent it to our product development team.

Once I have a tracking ID for this particular connection, I will let you know.
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello ZOTICUS,

I have heard back from development and establishing a connection to IG Markets within NinjaTrader is being tracked with ID#1232.

Comment

Hello Ryan,

is there any news about IG and trading with Ninjatrader 7

thanks
            Roger

Comment

Hello Roger,

Thank you for your forum post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums.

We do not have any news regarding supporting IG Markets at this time.

With that being said, I can confirm that our development team is tracking the requests for this connection so I will add another request to the tracking for IG Markets.

Comment

hello ryan

i am adding my request to the previous ones and i would be very pleased to be able to connect to ig market via ninjatrader (theirs currents plateforms all have differents limitations)

thanks

Comment

Hello musicae,

Thank you for your forum post and the follow up here.

I have added another request to the tracking for IG Markets with our development team.

Comment

Hi everyone

Being based in the UK, I, like the others who have posted in this thread, would love IG to offer NT.

(IG is a UK based spread-betting and CFD provider with offices in many countries, but not the USA.)

It's only within the last year that they've enabled any sort of automated trading at all. Now they have several ways to implement this, including MT4.

However, for those of us who know that NT is by far the best, there's some good news, because there is an indirect way to auto-trade with NT at IG.

This is what you need: MT4 NinjaTrader Bridge

With this, you would enter trades using NT which would be translated over to MT4 then entered on the IG platform.

There's a free trial. I haven't used it myself yet.

Just to say that MT4 would be using IG's own feed but NT would need a separate feed which may diverge occasionally from IG's in some markets.

Comment

Hell will Freeze over first....

To be honest, IG via Ninja - No chance...

FXCM works well and is a good option if you are are UK based spread better on FX.

Also, FXCM CFD's are available to trade via their connection.

So, I sincerely wouldn't bother considering this as an option anymore now that Ninja has its own Broker and is US centric.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by ZOTICUS View Post
                        To be honest, IG via Ninja - No chance...

FXCM works well and is a good option if you are are UK based spread better on FX.

Also, FXCM CFD's are available to trade via their connection.

So, I sincerely wouldn't bother considering this as an option anymore now that Ninja has its own Broker and is US centric.

Regards
                        I have an FXCM spread betting account myself and of course it's great to be able to trade directly using NT with FXCM.

But using IG, even via the bridge I mentioned, may well be worthwhile for some markets.

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader!

It seems like IG has developed an open API for integration (https://labs.ig.com/gettingstarted). I saw that they have API's for both trading and streaming and a ready to test .NET sample that shows how to use it.
                          Have you or anyone else on the forum for that matter had a look at these and evaluated how much work it would be to support IG with these API's?

I'm mostly interested in implementing the trading API.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

This would be an undocumented item, which means we would not be able to comment regarding this topic. However, I will leave this thread open for other users to comment and provide feedback.
                            Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I want to add my interest for connection between IG Markets and NT

Hi,

I would also want to add my interest to use Ninjatrader with IG markets accounts.

IG Markets offer a lot more if you want to trade stocks in Europe.

(FXCM, or any other current broker is not a good option for those instruments/markets).

Best Regards,
                              Peter

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post alifarahani  
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                              1 response