CPU Leakage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU Leakage

I have real several posts concerning memory leakage where memory usage increases to the point of being out of control. I also have this problem on a regular basis but what this post is about is a similar pattern with my CPU usage. It increases until the program ceases to function.

When I start the program, after settling, my CPU usage is 6 to 7% and the program will run for 30 minutes or so at that level. Thereafter the CPU usage will increase at a rate of about 1% per minute. It will pause for a couple of minutes in the area of 19% and then continue the increase at the 1% per minute. At about 29%, the program ceases to function.

Yesterday the program ran flawlessly for the entire session. This morning I added a strategy which is related to my Divergence Indicator so when I started having the CPU problem, I immediately disabled the strategy and even re-booted my computer so there would be no carry over but the CPU problem continued,

I use 12 indicators, 10 of which are third party and two which are quite simple and home grown. For the past two days, I have been running three charts. I am not willing to ascribe to Platform Supports normal recommendation of rebuilding a workspace and attaching one add on at a time simply because I have done that at least 25 times while working with Paul and Patrick and to no avail.

If anyone has any thoughts about the problem, I would very much appreciate input. With both the CPU and memory problems, my trading experience has not been very pleasant but it would have been much worse if the quality of personnel in Platform Support were not of such a high standard. In order to trade at all, I merely close and restart the program at about 25% CPU usage before the program freezes. Yesterday was fantastic but today, I restarted 11 times so if you have any thoughts please chime in.

Thank you in advance. I would also like for someone to tell me why this forum keeps logging me out !

Hello galsermil,

Thanks for posting.

There would not be a known item regarding memory leaks with the platform, which is why these cases are typically best investigated on a per-case basis. Though you mentioned you've been working with Platform Support previously, I would be happy to review your log and trace files or we'd be happy to schedule a call to investigate this behavior.

Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20171108.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20171108.txt"

Additionally, I'm happy to leave this thread open for other users to leave their feedback.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What are your system specs?

Which CPU exactly? (Don't reply simply "i5" or "i7"). How much memory?

Which OS are you running?

And this is NT7, Correct?

Comment

Sledge,

My system is a Dell 790 with 4 21: monitors. It has an i5 processor and 8 mb of Ram. Mu os is windows 10 and I run NT 8

Comment

Hello galsermil,
          Can you please clarify if you wrote into platform support with your log and trace files?
          Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

- Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
          - Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          - Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          - Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Within the body of the email please add:
          ATTN RyanM
          https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d.php?t=105682

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post tkaboris