Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > NinjaTrader 8 > Add-On Development

Add-On Development General NinjaScript development questions.

NinjaTrader

Old 11-17-2017, 08:37 AM   #16
soulfx

OK great now we are getting somewhere.

My tests so far have involved the quantity being changed or not - and this i was tracking in onorderupdate after a change.

Is it stated in help that .... patrick wrote ....

Using Order.LimitPriceChanged or Order.StopPriceChanged has no event triggered in my tests whether the price is the same or not. In fact these two values are not supported and should not be used to change orders. Are you seeing these two values actually work to change orders?

Or are you just informing me from internal checks with development?
The only thing i see in help is in reference transitioning from historical orders which is not the case here.

So are the planned to be supported or ? Are you saying if the entry price changes i need to cancel the order and resubmit fresh ./ anew?

look forward to update as i was about to test the change of entry price (limit or MIT)

thanks
Old 11-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #17
soulfx

Hello just to clarify and confirm as per my original post
Hello, I am using the Change method within the Addon->Account section of methods....

so NOT the strategy link you posted in your reply

but this one ....

Navigation: NinjaScript > Language Reference > Add On > Account >
Change()
Previous page Return to chapter overview Next page
Definition
Changes specified Order object(s).

Syntax
Change(IEnumerable<Order> orders)

so does this change your response?

look forward to your response
thanks
Old 11-17-2017, 12:35 PM   #18
soulfx

Hello there, not sure if gone for the day or attending to other matters / testing & checking this ; are you able to respond on this before the weekend?
thanks
Old 11-17-2017, 02:53 PM   #19
NinjaTrader_PatrickH
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Thanked 1,868 times in 1,798 posts

Hello soulfx,

Thank you for the additional details.

Change() will not see any state occur if only the price or quantity is submitted for the same value it currently is.

I was incorrect on Order.StopPriceChanged and Order.LimitPriceChanged. This are intended for the Change() function and do not perform an action alone.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:14 AM   #20
soulfx

Hello, I am not clear on your response ... considering how clear i have tried to be this is a vague response ...

Patrick wrote ...

Change() will not see any state occur if only the price or quantity is submitted for the same value it currently is.

I was incorrect on Order.StopPriceChanged and Order.LimitPriceChanged. This are intended for the Change() function and do not perform an action alone.

So the first part you are now confirming what i asked all along in this thread - there is no state if the quantity or price is the same value it currently is? I was VERY clear on this i just re read why only now after all these posts do you confirm it?

so to confirm stoppricechanged and limitpricechanged DO work and ARE supported for the Change() function within the Account-.Addon ?

What do you mean by they do not perform an action alone .. ???

thanks
Old 11-20-2017, 09:39 AM   #21
NinjaTrader_PatrickH

Hello soulfx,

Thank you for your response.

To elaborate on my last response Change() will not see any state occur if only the price or quantity is submitted for the same value it currently is for that order.

Order.StopPriceChanged and Order.LimitPriceChanged are supported and intended for the Change() function. The action they perform is changing the price but that does not go into effect until the Change() function is called.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:10 AM   #22
soulfx

Hello, thanks for confirming :

I guess what in general i would like to know is that i appreciate it wasnt until post 4 or 5 you took over and from post 8 i specifically asked on quantity or price not changing : AND the title of this thread was clear on the Change() within Addon -> Account : why we are at post 21 to get this straight? Were you operating on the presumption it was in a strategy and those methods are not supported ? If they are not supported for the benefit of fellow users would it not be in order to update the managed help pages for this ?

Point being alot of time elapsed and unnecessary repetition of the same - whilst i appreciate support handle multiple inquiries it seems 'at times' a quick read and reply by support and not fully answering the context of the question can end up taking more time from both parties to resolve back and forth.
just my 2cents

thanks
Old 11-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #23
NinjaTrader_PatrickH

Hello soulfx,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will make sure to take note of this moving forward.