Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Export is not proposing to add indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export is not proposing to add indicators

In NinjaTrader 8 export there was a nice feature, that when I exported some strategy with indicators, I just selected a strategy and clicked export. Then I was asked to add automatically missing indicators. It was very handy, when there were many (system) indicators in a strategy.
    This was working to NinjaTrader 8.0.9.0. I just upgraded to version 8.0.10.0 and it stopped working. When I want to export a strategy, I have to add all indicators manually. Can you please fix this?
    Log ex.
    Error compiling export assembly: c:\Users\radmin\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies\Test.cs(90,10) : error CS0118: Element „NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.EMA” to „typ”, ale jest używany jako „zmienna”.
    Error compiling export assembly: c:\Users\radmin\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies\SBase.cs(899,9) : error CS0103: Nazwa „MACD” nie istnieje w bieżącym kontekście.

I've tried to replicate the issue on different computer without success. I installed NT 8.0.9.0, created a simple script and succesfully exported it. After that I updated NT to version 8.0.10.0 and then exported the simple script again with success. Nevertheless on my main station I can't export complex scripts as long as I atach all the indicators manually to the export window. Do you know, what can cause the issue? The scripts wasn't modified and NT 8.0.9.0 automatically asked to add missing indicators.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello InteRadek,

Thank you for the post.

This error is caused by a .NET referencing error. The only way to successfully export your script is to add the dependencies manually.

This process is detailed in the .NET referencing error section of the export error help guide page:

This error can be caused by not using fully qualified namespace names, like if you are using a .dll. For example, if you have any code used from "MyNamespace" you would have to use "MyNamespace.MyFunction()".

If we may be of any further assistance, please let us know.
      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It turned out, that the problem was probably due to Windows Update. I reverted Windows to earlier Restore Point and the problem was gone. Later I updated NinjaTrader and the problem didn't occur. After that I installed Windows Update patches to find out, which update was causing the problem, but the problem didn't occur. So at that point everything is working fine and I have no clue, what exactly was the root cause of the problem.
        I didn't made any changes to the source code whatsoever.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the follow-up.

I will keep an eye out for any errors that come up from the new Windows update and try to reproduce the bug if there is one.

Comment

Hello, I've identified that update KB4033339 is causing trouble on Windows 7 x64. I've installed it twice and every time the indicator proposition function was broken. After system restore to previous state the problem was resolved. Cheers!

Comment

Hello. Thanks for the follow up.

I will try to reproduce this in Windows 7.

Please stand by for an update.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Waxavi
              by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM