Crude Oil Dorman CL 01-18 Invalid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crude Oil Dorman CL 01-18 Invalid

Hello, I have been using the CL 12-17 Symbol normally. But when I try to change to the new CL 01-18, it tells me "Invalid Instrument name". Do I have to resubscribe for 2018 Futures' signals or something?

Hello rockdasher,

Thank you for your post. First, please check to make sure you're running the most current build of NinjaTrader 7. The current release is 7.0.1000.36. You can check to see which version you're on under Help>About.

To upgrade NinjaTrader (if necessary), please follow the steps below.

First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    Enter your license key and press Submit
    Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
    Select 'Download'
    Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Next, a critical step is to reset your instruments.

Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
    Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
    Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

After upgrading (if necessary) resetting your instruments, closing and relaunching NinjaTrader, please let me know if your issue persists.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Micah View Post
      Hello rockdasher,

Thank you for your post. First, please check to make sure you're running the most current build of NinjaTrader 7. The current release is 7.0.1000.36. You can check to see which version you're on under Help>About.

To upgrade NinjaTrader (if necessary), please follow the steps below.

First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
      Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
      Enter your license key and press Submit
      Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
      Select 'Download'
      Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Next, a critical step is to reset your instruments.

Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
      Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
      Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

After upgrading (if necessary) resetting your instruments, closing and relaunching NinjaTrader, please let me know if your issue persists.
      Hi Micah,
      I'm running Ninja Trader 8.0.9.0.
      Where can I reset the instruments on NT8?

Comment

Hello rockdasher,

Thank you for your reply. This is the NinjaTrader 7 forum, which is why I provided instructions for NinjaTrader 7.

Since the current build of NinjaTrader 8 is 8.0.10.0, I still suggest starting with an upgrade. The process is the same as upgrading NinjaTrader 7, just select NinjaTrader 8 before downloading.

To reset your instruments in NinjaTrader 8, please take the steps below.

First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
        Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
        In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
        Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Resolved

Thank you Micah, it worked

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post funk10101  
          Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM