Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Slow performance loading eSignal Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow performance loading eSignal Data

Hi,

Problem: When running a daily scan against a list of symbols (eg NASDAQ) the performance is extremely slow (can take over 4 hrs a scan).

The bottle neck appears to be loading up the data. To verify this i created a new strategy that does nothing in calculate bar update. It runs for a small date range (last two days) Even this takes many hours.

We are using eSignal data. Can you please explain how data loading works, if already loaded data is re-loaded again and most importantly how can we speed this up to something more acceptable?

Thanks

Beach01, the current day would always be reloaded even if prior data was already downloaded or stored. I would for example recommend to add your stocks to a list in the Market Analyzer and be sure to add an indicator column in so you're pulling data for them in here. Then the backtesting should be working quicker for you.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

What you suggest i'm already doing. The problem is that is is taking hours to load even just a day worth of data for the list of stocks (about 1000)...

Comment

Beach01, ok thanks - would you mind getting in touch with us via Help >> Mail to Support so we could review your diagnostic trace and log files from the setup as well?

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Did you receive the logs okay ? It has been giving an error when sending via Help >> Mail to Support

I have tried to attach the log files manually but the zip file exceeds allowable forum attachment (1.8MB)

Is there an alternate way i can get the log files to you?

Thanks

Comment

Have so far unfortunately not seen anything coming in. You can also directly zip up the files for example and attach to an email to support at ninjatrader dot com. The files of interest would be stored per each day the software is run in the Documents > NinjaTrader7 > log and trace folders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post z.franck  
            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes