Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ChartScale Right Y Axis Labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChartScale Right Y Axis Labels

Hi,

I have two questions:

1. The chart right Y axis scale shows grid lines and Y axis values. Is there any way to determine the difference between consecutive grid line values? For example, if the chart right Y axis shows the values 2102.50 to 2106 (as seen in the ChartScale MinValue section of the Help Guide) in increments of 0.50, I'd like to know that the increments on the chart right Y axis are 0.50. Is there any way to get this info?

2. What is the algorithm used by NT to determine what value labels should be placed on the chart right Y axis? In other words, whether the right Y axis labels should be in increments of 1 point, or 3 points, or 2 ticks. Clearly this depends on the MaxMinusMin value in some way amongst other things.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hello Zeos6,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to confirm what you are asking for the first item.

You are saying that when you scale to use those prices the right-hand scale becomes 0.50 increments, is this correct? And you want to know that the increments are now in .50 based on whatever the scale is at that time, is this correct?

Regarding the second question, I don't have the exact logic at my disposal to answer here but I can ask development for further insight if the question warrants it. The PriceMarker is affected by multiple items which can include the TickSize of the instrument being used, overriding the FormatPriceMarker override and likely other cases. Is there a specific goal you have in mind or could you provide any more detail surrounding this question?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for your reply.

With respect to the first question,
      You are saying that when you scale to use those prices the right-hand scale becomes 0.50 increments, is this correct? And you want to know that the increments are now in .50 based on whatever the scale is at that time, is this correct?
      Yes, that is correct.

Regarding the second question,
      I don't have the exact logic at my disposal to answer here but I can ask development for further insight if the question warrants it.
      This was an alternative approach to try and get at the first question.

Ultimately I am interested to know the chart resolution granularity as given by the value increments on the chart right Y axis. Any way to get this programmatically?

Comment

Hello Zeos6,

Thank you for confirming that for me, I now have a good idea of the question.

I will need to further research this to see what could be used to access this value. I am unaware of an existing property that equals that value.

Once I have a more clear picture of what is required here I will reply back.

Comment

Thanks Jesse, appreciate it.

Comment

Hello Zeos6,

Thank you for waiting.

After further research, it would appear that this is not directly possible due to the internal methods needed to calculate the values for automatic scaling.

Is there anything further that you detail about what your end goal is surrounding the scale values? I understand you want to know the granularity, are you trying to know how scaled in or out the chart panel is or do you need the formatted prices specifically?

Perhaps this can be approached from a different angle, and if not I would have more details to file a feature request.

Comment

Thank you for following up Jesse. I appreciate it.

I actually need the granularity of the pricing. It would be nice to know the interval value between successive prices on the right Y scale. The prices are already calculated so it's simply a matter of exposing those calculated values.

Comment

Hello Zeos6,

Thank you for the reply.

I have put in a feature request for the value to be exposed. The tracking ID is SFT-3347

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 07-10-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks Jesse. Appreciate it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Christopher_R  
                  Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM