Chart template name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart template name

I watched an NT webinar today about NT8. I was surprised to find out that still we will NOT be able to recover the 'template name' applied to a chart.

This is a simple feature (just a field somewhere) that would help a lot of people with many templates (which I believe is a lot of people). I've seen all kinds of tricks to try to save the template name (invisible MA, indicators with the template name, etc.). I think this is a simple feature that would help a lot of people and should be considered for the next release.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ds1111; 05-12-2015, 09:32 PM.

This request is tracked using SFT-205.

Thanks for sharing your idea.

We've discussed this internally but there are some complexities and I'd like to get your opinion on.

To expand on your comment that it would just be a simple field somewhere, how would one expect it to handle a situation where the chart has deviated from the template?

Say for example you load a chart with "MyTemplateXYZ", and a few minute later you decide to add another indicator or change a chart property. What does this field say at that time:

- Do we display the original template you created from the chart?
    - Do we remove the template name since this chart no longer belongs to that template?
    - Do we automatically give the template a new generic name (Custom) to indicate it has changed?
    - Does the template update with the saved changes? If so, does it do it automatically? Or offer a prompt to update?
    - Else?

These are just a few of the answers we do not have internally on how this commonly requested feature should be handled and I'd simply like to engage users interested in seeing this feature to make sure we have it right at the time we consider implementation.

Just keep in mind the more options we give for a single feature turns something from being a simple feature to a multi-faceted complicated feature that is confusing to set up, so ideally we like to settle on a single approach.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

THIS IS AWESOME >>> AND YES I NEED THIS TOO

I know this is an old thread >>> but I would love if ninja would just:

1- create a BRAND NEW template name >>> and give it the name: MyTemplateXYZ-1

In other words it would just simply take that last template and give it a new name by just adding a number to the end of it. So we can have just infinite numbers of MyTemplateXYZ and we decide which one to keep at the end of the day.

That would be my vote.

I don't know if this thread is still active or if this feature has been added or already implemented. If it has -- my apologies for bringing up an old thread.

I would love to know how this feature was handled.

THANKS A MILLION !!

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion.

SFT-3207 has been created for your feature request.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
        Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I vote for this too please

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post. Your vote has been added.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
            Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Mizzouman1  
            Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
            6 responses