CQG demo & Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQG demo & Orders

I have a demo account (from http://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData) and try to use ninjatrader. It does not allow to place an order using this demo account, the only available account is Sim101.

Why it does not work?

Hello John44,

Thank you for your post,

Please go to Help > License key.

If the key begins "@Sim," this means you currently have our simulation license key entered. The only method to switch to an account other than Sim101 is when a live license key is entered, which is usually only done when a user has a funded account that they are ready to trade live.

You still will, however, be able to use the demo data feed to submit practice trades to the Sim101 account.

You can email PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[Dot]come with any questions regarding purchasing a live key.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, it is @Sim.

If I trade using Sim101 account then where are the orders filled - locally at my Ninjatrader on my computer or remotely?
      Last edited by John44; 05-23-2017, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,
        Simulated orders are locally stored on your PC.

Live pending orders do exist outside of your PC depending on the Order State. Please see the below link of our help guide for more on order states.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...efinitions.htm

Also, please see the below forum post for more on Where Your Orders Reside.
        http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=5349

Note: setting of NinjaTrader that modify orders such as Trailing Stops or Breakeven strategies do need NinjaTrader open and connected to function.

Comment

Thanks. I had a look througth the forum and found this:

if you submit the orders to your live account (including demo account) then they will be placed at your brokers end.
          (http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...12&postcount=4)

Some questions about it:

1. Is opening live account the only way to place an order at the brokers end?
          2. what is the difference between the local fills at Sim101 account and the fills at the broker's side?

Comment

If a live license key were entered into NinjaTrader, you would be able to submit orders to the CQG demo account, which would route orders in a manner similar to live orders.

Sim101 account fills use factors like bid/ask volume, time and delays to simulate a live fills..

Comment

you would be able to submit orders to the CQG demo account, which would route orders in a manner similar to live orders.

Sim101 account fills use factors like bid/ask volume, time and delays to simulate a live fills..
              Good - and what is the difference between these two types of fills?

If a live license key were entered into NinjaTrader,
              is it the only way to submit orders to the CQG demo account?

if 'yes' then how much does a live account cost (if I only want to use it as a demo account for now) ?

Minimum Account Activity Fee ($20) + Eurex for NinjaTrader Continuum Non-Professional Users ($23 - if I would like to trade Bund futures) = $43 per month.

is it correct or there are some other fees that I do not notice?

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean, live fills would depend on live market dynamics and simulation fills are simulated.

It would be best to have a broker advise on cost of opening an account.

http://ninjatrader.com/ContactUs

Comment

Where SIM101 order reside, with live license key

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post

If a live license key were entered into NinjaTrader, you would be able to submit orders to the CQG demo account, which would route orders in a manner similar to live orders.

I have live time license key entered NT8 with Live account and sim101 account. This week I'm testing orders on sim101 account and found the stop and limit (working and Accepted state) orders are not filled after NT is disconnected even price hit the level several times. So thought the orders maybe reside on my PC for sim101 and maybe live account orders will be reside on brokers server.

Could you please confirm this and according to above quote if live license key is entered sim101 account should behave similar to live account, Does it mean pending sim101 orders (Working or accepted state) will be filled even NT is disonnected ? or not

Thank you

Batsaikhan

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

No, sim orders and the Sim101 account are stored only locally so need NinjaTrader running and connected to function.

To clarify, when connected to a demo, there is a demo account option similar to a live account that orders can be submitted to with a live key - the previous posts are in reference to this account and not Sim101.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                    0 responses