Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOM 2 instances of Last Trade marker

Hello,
    Please see attached snip of DOM showing two Markers for Last Trade (Yellow).
    This recurs i.e. not first time seen, believe on different Instruments.
    As yet haven't determined how to recreate. Reloading Historical Data or Ninjascript doesn't remove.
    Can anyone shed any light?

TIA

Edit - and as if by magic by the time I'd finished the Post it had corrected, no intervention. See second snip
    Attached Files
    Last edited by brucerobinson; 09-24-2018, 01:56 AM.

Hello World?

Comment

Hello brucerobinson

Thank you for your post.

If still occurring, resetting your instruments should resolve this item.

To reset your instruments, please take the steps below.

First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection

Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management

In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update

Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

If you still see the same, please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
      Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
      Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
      Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Eric and thanks.

It is not 'happening' at the moment. i.e. when I posted here it was occurring per the snip. Then, it 'corrected' without intervention. It has not happened since.
        I can and will Reset, as you suggest. However I will not see any change as a result, given that it is not currently happening.
        Having read the associated Help, Help suggests Updates are pushed out.
        I have seen this behaviour seemingly randomly in the past, but it has similarly 'gone away' seemingly of its own accord.
        The only changes I ever make to Instruments locally are very occasionally to change the Contract Rollover Date when it is either found to be incorrect on your servers, or volume rolls over ahead of the suggested date. However this was almost certainly not so on 6J.

What I would like to know is some inkling as to what/why it is happening and what to do when it does.
        If the 'automatic updating' is in the order of seconds, as it appeared to be if indeed it was autoupdating that fixed it on this occasion I can just wait. Or, it may have been coincidence that it happened shortly after I noticed it. It could have been showing both Last Prices for an unknown period before I noticed it. Or, I can manually reset at the time when I notice.
        But what is inconvenient/annoying/distracting/frustrating is that it happens at all and without understanding why and what to do when it does (hazard a guess at two different contract months last price spread and showing both, however it wasn't at a contract end date).

As a rough estimate I've probably seen it half a dozen times in the last 6 months.
        Resetting, exiting and restarting Ninja will consume around 30 minutes, and hence is more convenient to do at end of day. If server update will fix it and is likely to be within minutes, easier to wait and ignore.
        I hope you get my drift. Practicality considerations.
        Kind regards
        Last edited by brucerobinson; 10-01-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post funk10101  
        Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jeronymite