Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Initialization of 'NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.ConnectionMenuItem' threw an exception.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initialization of 'NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.ConnectionMenuItem' threw an exception.

NT8 on Win10 64 bit not booting. How do I dodge this exeption in the log file:

I was builing a dll in VS2018 referencing NinjaTrader.Core.dll from my own dll. My custom dll can be accessed in the NT script and seems to run as expected. But when restarting NT the above exception is thrown and NT closes at the splash screen. Could there be a conflict with the NinjaTrader.Core.dll called from my own dll?

Reinstalling NT8 and it runs again. But same problem reappears when handling my custom dll as above.

Appreciate help on whats going wrong here.

Kindly, Fredrik

Last edited by FREEN; 09-23-2018, 02:00 AM.

Hello FREEN,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to your email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Thanks Patrick,

Sorry, I dont have any trace or log files since I reinstalled NT a couple of times in the process. However, the problem disappeared when I stopped referencing "NinjaTrader.Core.dll" from my own dll. Guess NT tried to load that dll twice since my dll had a dependency on it.

I wanted to simplify my dll code by accessing NinjaScript, but it works fine with "pure" C# as well.

Thanks anyways!
      Last edited by FREEN; 09-24-2018, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jclose
      by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
      10 responses
      0 likes