Export Sound with Indicator or Stategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export Sound with Indicator or Stategy

If you have custom sounds that you have recorded for your Indicator or Strategy. Is there a way to have NT7 Export them at the same time that the source files are exported?

Very new to C# and NT7 programming.

Thanks.
    bd92154

bd92154, the general distribution practices and its options would be disussed here - https://www.ninjatrader.com/support/..._procedure.htm

However there would be no options direclty for custom sounds, you could include them manually in the zip file root and have users copy those for example to NT7's default sounds folder under (C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\sounds)
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not able to manipulate exported NT7 Indicatore ZIP

You know I was thinking the same thing; however I found that the Zipped file that NT7 makes appears to be protected as WINRAR program was unable to add to the ZIP file. I can see the ZIP, but adding to it appears restricted.

I could probably unzip the NT7 ZIP file and then ReZip it with the same structure along with the sound file. Is that what you are suggesting?

Attached file to show what I am talking about.

Also after solving this I'd like to figure out a way to use NT7 to put .wav into proper location when installing indicator or strategy. If that is possible. If not a point in the right direction would be appreciated.
      Attached Files

Comment

Correct, in my experience adding in with Winrar would not work out. However you extract the contents from the export file, add your sounds in and then zip up using Winrar fresh making sure to not store paths - then it should be ok to import.

The sounds distribution to the correct target folder could not be supported unfortunately, what you could look into perhaps is creating for example a custom installer that would install your files into the respective folders.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Any news? It could be good if you pass this to developers, to be able to include custom files (sounds, drawings...) which could be imported automatically.
            it will be useful feature.

Comment

Originally posted by TazoTodua View Post
              Any news? It could be good if you pass this to developers, to be able to include custom files (sounds, drawings...) which could be imported automatically.
              it will be useful feature.
              Please see the expanded procedures outlined here in our helpguide - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._procedure.htm

Custom recources and/or templates (Chart, MA, Drawing...) could worked into the zip export files so target machines would automatically import into the correct folders to use.

Comment

Just one last question:
                should I always add that folder/files into already exported .zip file?

so, is there any way, instead of always modyfiing the exported zip file, the custom resurces were automatically exported ?

Comment

Correct, you would modify the exported file if you had any custom resources that would need to be included for the end user.

Currently there's no automatic way to detect those additional resources by the NinjaScript Export process, I'll make sure this feedback and request gets tracked.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DJ888
                  by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                  0 responses