Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibonacci Time Extension Tool Suggestions

Hi...

Here is a short video with some ideas to consider on this tool...

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Thanks...
    Alfred....
    Last edited by Alfred; 08-18-2017, 04:25 PM. Reason: Revised the video a bit....

Thanks Alfred for voicing your thoughts. We will add it to the list of future considerations.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Could you add dates on the vertical lines similar to the way TOS does it?

Comment

Screenshots of Fibonacci Time Extension Tool suggestion...

Below are two screenshots of several Fibonacci Time Extension Tools applied to 2 charts...

The first one shows how the tool works now...with 2 tools applied to a chart the cycle lines to the right of the respective anchor lines are then hard to tell which anchor line they belong to...

The second screen shot shows the cycle lines truncated at the top and bottom of the anchor lines...this way one can have 2 or more tools on a chart and distinguish more easily which anchor line the cycle lines belong to...this method could be a desirable option for this tool...

Thanks...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Alfred; 10-04-2010, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the additional suggestion Alfred. Added to our list as well.

Comment

fib extension help

could someone here tell me how to save the default settings on the fib entension so i don't have to imput the ratios and line colors everytime i use it? thank you

Comment

optimusprime,

When you are in the Fibonacci object properties, right click anywhere in that dialog box where there is some empty space and then select Manage Templates. Then save a template with the "Default" name and it will use that one every time.

Comment

Question...

Was curious if a tracking number was ever assigned to this suggestion....a response below said that Ninja would would add this idea to the future considerations list....is that enough of a reminder or as good as a tracking number...??

Of all the videos I have done on stuff, the one on this idea has been the most popular (by number of views on Screencast)...must be a lot of interest in this area...

Thanks...
                Last edited by Alfred; 11-28-2012, 11:51 AM. Reason: spell check

Comment

Hi Alfred, yes this in our tracking lists - it's basically linked to a redo of the post in a newer thread where we assigned #748 to your enhancement thoughts kindly provided.

Thanks,
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It would be great if we could have a 3 point Fib Time Extension. So, you would identify the time range by selecting two bars and then you could project the fib extensions of the selected time range from a different bar.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that thought ATX_tdr, added that in as well to our lists - #2112.
                      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried NT a few years ago and moved along. I installed once more this evening to see how you have progressed. I appreciate how many improvements have been made and really can't imagine how much work it must take to do so. Although I am in no rush to uninstall NT again, I doubt I will be purchasing in any hurry either. The draw tool suite is not robust enough. The OP made VERY valid and valuable suggestions FIVE years ago! I have an additional view of why the fib time extension tool is falling short. In other packages I can rejigger the values to turn the tool into a variety of bar counters, however as it stands now the upper and lower limits of acceptable inputs preclude this. Instead of posting on several threads and scattering a laundry list about draw tools I will suggest you take a good hard look at what other packages offer for draw tools and step up your game. I am not alone, and I reckon, a good many customers will "find" you when your offering of draw tools is commiserate with the high quality you have achieved with order execution, data management, and ease of use "most" areas of the package.

Best Wishes.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward your comments to our development staff for further consideration.
                          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

....Another Suggestion...!!..

Here is something to consider...one set of fibo time lines from the bottom of the 1st set up line up to the chart...another set would run from the top of a 2nd set up line down to the chart....makes it very easy to see where the 2 series hit the chart and compare where things may jive....

This suggestion is much more interesting and useful than the study currently in Ninja for this draw tool...this method a user option on the tool...still also have the option of the truncated vertical lines method discussed below....

screen shot below....

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Alfred; 07-08-2014, 11:46 AM. Reason: added a note re options...

Comment

....More examples...

Here are further examples how this could work....

1st screen shot shows correlation of 3 cycles sets on 1 chart...

2nd screen shot below shows how cycles could plot into future....

this study needs more data points than currently shown in Ninja....

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Alfred; 07-13-2014, 11:07 AM. Reason: added screen shot 2

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 06:09 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes