X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to change the order during real time

Dear Sir.

During real time the strategy generates the following message in log

The strategy ...: submitted an order that generated the following error: "Unable to change the order during real time". Strategy has sent cancel request attempted to close the positioin and terminate itself.

What is the error?

best regards

Hello memonic,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the locations below.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->trace

Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, unable to change the order during real time' in the subject header.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, I am getting the same error. May I submit my log and trace files also?

Comment

Yes, please feel free to send the error along with your log and trace files to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email so we may investigate this matter further.
        Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, after some review of the strategy, i have found that the problem is a SETParabolicStop.
          the stop is OnStateChange and State.Configure
          What could be the error

Comment

Hello memonic,

Thanks for your question.

SetParabolicStop will create stop levels that will move close and close to the market price, provided the market price is moving in a steady direction. As the movement of the stop is parabolic, the distance it moves increases with each update. This can cause the calculated level to be placed on the other side of the market depending on the movement of the market.

As this can be a real world possibility, I may suggest to add code to trap rejections and failures to change orders so you can take a different action when the order is error is seen. This involves using Order objects, OnOrderUpdate, and RealtimeErrorHandling. I have included documentation items below and an example strategy that demonstrates how Order objects can be used.

RealtimeErrorHandling - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...orhandling.htm

OnOrderUpdate - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rderupdate.htm

SampleOnOrderUpdate - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...and_onexec.htm

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
            95 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post xiinteractive  
            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes