Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Changing time zone on PC doesn't change data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing time zone on PC doesn't change data?

Have a Desktop that was always set to EST.. Was testing importing a strategy that runs on EST to a virgin laptop.. Everything imported ok,, but the stats just didn't match my Desktop....
    I noticed that my virgin laptop was set to MST instead of EST.. Changed my laptop to EST rebooted but the data on the laptop still "showed" MST instead of EST.. Guess when u change timezones u have to cream all the old data too and start over..
    The top chart is the desktop that was always set to EST,,,,, bottom chart is the laptop and the chart looked the same MST or EST, the start time in the strategy was constant... 08:00 start time
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I reimported my data with the historical data manager with the laptop set to EST now everything matches.. I guess this means that what every timezone u develop the strategy/data in can make a difference if moving to another PC.. Wonder what happens with DST? sounds like things really get screwed up?

The timestamp on the ZEN data is not UTC time but the local PC time or is it NT putting the time stamp on?.. If I move my residence to another time zone, does this mean I have to start all over, if I was using my local time zone?

In the help file (http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nt7/index.html) on data vendors there is a column for time stamp,, says local or native,, what is the explanation of these?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gg80108; 02-06-2011, 01:26 PM.

gg80108, NinjaTrader will use the timezone your computer is currently set to to timestamp data and download historical data. If you change timezones, the old data will still be set to the previous timezone.

Native timestamps means the timestamp is sent by the data provider, but it is changed to your local timezone by NinjaTrader. Local means NinjaTrader generates the timestamp from the beginning.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there anyway to determine what time zone the data is saved in?

Comment

gg80108, I do not believe there is a way to find out that information, but I will have someone get back to you tomorrow with a more exact answer.
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

gg80108, unfortunately Austin's correct here, NT would use the local set PC time zone and you could not change the data's timezone on the fly, a redownload would be needed. The 'saved in' info is not tracked.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post TraderBCL  
          Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
          14 responses
          0 likes