Manual entry, automated exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual entry, automated exit

Hi, I am new to NT and I need some help. My trading style involves manual entry with a limit order and once my order is filled, I would like my exit strategy (bracket + trail) to take over and get me out of a trade. Also I would like to adjust manually my stops and targets if necessary while in trade. Is this possible with NT? Thanks!

Originally posted by traderz View Post
    Hi, I am new to NT and I need some help. My trading style involves manual entry with a limit order and once my order is filled, I would like my exit strategy (bracket + trail) to take over and get me out of a trade. Also I would like to adjust manually my stops and targets if necessary while in trade. Is this possible with NT? Thanks!
    Hi Traderz,

Thank you for your interest in NinjaTrader!

What we provide for manual entries and automated exits is ATM Strategies.
    More information on ATM Strategies here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview13.html
    Fully Automated strategies are created using NinjaScript. More information available in the Help Guide from the link above and check out the Strategy Wizard for non-programmers: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview41.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can I reverse that question? I have automated trading working using a few NinjaScripts, and it works very well I might add. However, I running into trouble when trying to manually exit a position initiated by a NinjaScript strategy.

What is the procedure for exiting a stragety entered by NinjaScript?

Everytime I try to manually close out a NinjaScript position, it kills the strategy. Then when I have to reapply it to my chart, and then it re-enters the by ordres, then I have to cancel them. After doing that it still shows there is a position on... but there isn't.

It's kinda messy in a busy day of trading. Is there a way around that?

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by heyligerb View Post
        Can I reverse that question? I have automated trading working using a few NinjaScripts, and it works very well I might add. However, I running into trouble when trying to manually exit a position initiated by a NinjaScript strategy.

Everytime I try to manually close out a NinjaScript position, it kills the strategy. Then when I have to reapply it to my chart, and then it re-enters the by ordres, then I have to cancel them. After doing that it still shows there is a position on... but there isn't.

Brian
        Hi Brian,

Unfortunately this is expected as automated strategies were not meant to be closed out manually and the strategy will be cancelled. If your account position and strategy position get out of sync, see this link for instructions: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4033
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by heyligerb View Post

Brian
          Old post, but maybe somebody's reading...

Here's a way to manually place your stop/target exits in NT8. From here you can figure out how to change them on the fly if you want to trail. As long as you use the same signalName and fromEntrySignal you could submit new exit orders that will replace the existing ones in relation to Close[0]. link
          Last edited by algotrading; 06-29-2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bangthuy001
            Can someone tell me how it works?
            If you're referring to the link I posted, you just have to run it on market replay and look at the code to see how it works. Add some things to it. Change some things. You'll need a tiny bit of C# knowledge to know how any NT code works.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            172 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sidlercom80