Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion - price labels for horizontal line

Hi

Can we have the option to turn on a price label on horizontal lines in drawing tools? I like to use horizontal lines for setting support, resistance, and price targets etc, a price label would be very useful.

Thanks.

Hello Irukandji,

Thanks for your post

You can add this feature to your platform by importing the Labeled Horizontal Lines Indicator that is publicly available for free from our forum (registration required, but is free)

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.
    To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.
    To Import
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu tools> import> Import NinjaScript
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'
    Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right click you chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ShawnB; 07-07-2018, 11:53 AM.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
      Hello Irukandji,

Thanks for your post

You can add this feature to your platform by importing the Price Line Indicator that is publicly available for free from our forum (registration required, but is free)

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.
      To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.
      To Import
      1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
      2. From the Control Center window select the menu tools> import> Import NinjaScript
      3. Select the downloaded .zip file
      4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'
      Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
      • Right click you chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
      ShawnB,

Hi. I think this member is looking for a feature or an indicator to place a price label on drawn horizontal lines, i.e. for support and resistance lines. Your reference indicator is for current price. There is a free indicator that does what he wants, Just search for HorizontalLineLabel.

Cheers!

Edit: Please disregard. The link in the above post has been edited - This comment no longer applies.
      Last edited by aligator; 07-09-2018, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Hmm.... so I imported it and added the indicator to a chart which already had an existing horizontal line drawn by me before.

Attached is an image of the result.

It has labelled the line I drew correctly at 30.82 but has also added more price labels further up, with no corresponding lines drawn - what are those numbers for/about?

Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Are you certain there are no other drawing objects on your chart? To check, right-click on your chart > Drawing Tools > Drawing Objects...

Do you see more than your one horizontal line here? If you remove all lines and redraw them with the indicator, does it work as expected?

Comment

Hi Patrick

Attached are 3 screenshots - 1 shows the daily chart with the drawing tools dialogue box open -as you can see, only one horizontal line, yet labels persist. The next is after choosing, remove all drawing tools - the line disappears but the labels remain. The thirds is showing the 5 min chart I use in conjunction with the daily - labels present on that timeframe too.

Thanks for your help.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
              Hello Irukandji,

Hello - is there a way to change the label to appear in the right-hand axis, just like a normal price label? Including the font information? I don't need it to be floating on the chart, left of the right-hand axis.

Thanks!

Comment

Can you reproduce the multiple label issue on a new chart with no template?

The indicator has a property named 'Label side' which can be changed.

Comment

Hi Patrick

On a new chart with no template, when I add the indicator and draw lines, they are the only things labeled by the indicator.

Comment

Based on your testing results, I suspect their is something wrong with the original chart. I would recommend just rebuilding the chart at this point.

Comment

I really think the horizontal line drawing tools needs an upgrade to include the price - I mean, why wouldn't that data be useful?

tradingview does this as standard and it's extremely obviously useful.

Here's a screenshot from tradingview

Thanks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Add the 'Price Line' indicator to your chart. The price line indicator, by default, will draw a horizontal line at the current price and update when the price changes. This is a new indicator as of NinjaTrader 8.0.14.x

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Christopher_R  
                        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                        166 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post sidlercom80