Nt8 lagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dean,

Was that question directed at me? If so, here is my reply...

Yes, I have spoken with Ninjatrader Platform Support several times in the past regarding this issue. I even sent them a screen capture video that showed my instance of NT8 on my PC frozen and unresponsive as I kept trying to close my open position, with no luck.

And yes, you are right, Ninjatrader Platform Support is usually very helpful and does seem to care about our issues.

Again, since using the VPS I have not had a single freeze or crash while trading with NT7 on the VPS server, but NT8 on my PC (which I have open simultaneously) has frozen a couple of times, forcing me to crash and restart it.

Here is the gist of my last communication with Ninjatrader Platform Support:

The latency that we're seeing is actually not occurring with your specific hardware, but rather is occurring on your connection's path to the data servers. This would be outside of your PC. The data servers themselves would be extremely sensitive to latency, as the last thing any trader would ever want is to receive slightly delayed data or for trades to arrive late.

The reason why a VPS may be effective in these situations is because it provides a different "path" to the same data servers, and there are even some Day Trading specific VPS services that place their servers near the exchange servers you would want to reach. While there is no such thing as a PC that's impervious to connection issues, these factors would give your connection all the best chances at being healthy and stable.

Comment

As for me, I still get a slow moving and jumping over the ticks Hair Cross when trying to place a trade or move a stop. Especially at the 1st hour - NQ 300 ticks.
      Can't trade with NT8. Using Chart Trader, moved back to NT7 where I don't see the matter.

Comment

By the way, NT8 works more than fine with min chart FX for me. Glad using it with FX only. Recommend.

Comment

Hello JustJoker,

Thank you for your post.

Can you reach out to use at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with your log and trace files and details on the behavior you are seeing in NinjaTrader 8?

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

OK,
            But tomorrow. I'll try to use NT8 for NQ with SIM.

Comment

All this leads me to wonder how prevalent and systemic is this lag problem...

I came across and read all the posts in this thread and I am troubled to know that I am not the only one experiencing this. As a tech-savvy guy, I've tried everything but to no avail. It seems to me that the problem lies in the software itself. My quick fix for this at the moment is to use NT8 only for my technical analysis but my order executions are done manually on another non-NT platform without these lag issues. How ironic that I liked and chose NT for its ability to automate trade execution and order management and here I am doing my trading the old manual way again. I am tied to NT8 by virtue of familiarity and all the stuff I've coded over the years but it is proving to be quite the letdown. If this problem is not fixed soon, there will be some tough decisions to be made...

Comment

Hello mbesha,

Thank you for your post.

Can you reach out to use at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with your log and trace files and details on the behavior you are seeing in NinjaTrader 8?

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Let's not to be so pessimistic.
                  I've managed to solve the problem just now by removing all my indicators and the reinstalling them one by one again (forgot the basics). My problem was with the Pivots indicators from one of the vendors. The vendors just do not hold the dynamic of NT8 changes and updates.
                  Now Cross Hair moves fine. ATM is also working OK.

Comment

3rd party indicator

I have been a holdout on installing NT8 until this week. My trading partners have all upgraded to NT8 with less than stellar results in the crashing & freezing department. All in the past have gone back and forth from NT7 to NT8. My friends have told me that their NT8 appears to be stable now so I switched on Wednesday. Was in SIM on Wednesday and Thursday adjusting my indicator settings and getting used to NT8. All seemed stable.

Yesterday, Friday Feb. 2, was the first day to go live with NT8. At the open I noticed that the charts didn't reflect a normal 8:30 open. My opening range indicator started the index open at 8:36:xx - 6 plus minutes after the actual open. My charts were lagging by more than 6 minutes.

I did two things that solved my issue (so I think).

1.) Changed the settings on all indicators on all charts to update at "bar close" from "price change".

2.) Deleted a Ninza price line indicator. This apparently was a major issue for me, but does not affect my trading partners NT8 platform who uses the same indicator.

My friends have all stated that it was 3rd party indicators that were causing their NT8 issues. We now seem to have a stable indicator set of what we use. I found three other price line indicators for NT8, will test those out on Sunday evening

I like NT8 over NT7, especially the load time required. But I value a stable platform above all else.

Comment

Hello,
                      As for me, I've encouraged some and all of the simptomes marked below.
                      Now NT8 is fine for me.
                      You see, not all the vendors of NT8 indicators are updeted to tthe current version of NT8. Difference in speed and fonaconig I suppose.
                      What have I done?
                      Its simple.
                      Just remember the basics, the times when NT7 was released.
                      Delete all the indicators from the chart. Add the one by one and check. At least 1 of them is a problem.
                      As for me, my problem with lagging and crashing was a Pivot indicators from 1 of the vendors. The vendor says that they just took a brake and waiting for a while fot NT8 be kind of final...

Comment

NT8 freezing

On Monday, the 5th, my NT8 froze three times before lunch. I contacted NT support and was helped by Patrick. I sent the trace and log files along with some snips of my monitor diagnostic tabs. Patrick gave me some items to look at which I will do today. I also contacted Falcon Trading computer tech help where I bought the computer. Joshua told me that he has seen conflicts between the .NET framework 4.7 & 4.8 versions and NT8. He deleted the 4.7 version and installed .NET framework 4.6. It ran fine the rest of the session. I will update as this saga continues to hopefully help someone else experiencing the freezing up of their platform.

Comment

I've noticed NT8 lagging under fast market conditions several times, like around the open and close in the ES. In the last 2 days, under the highly volatile ES trading, NT8 is several MINUTES behind. It's not my machine, NT indicators (very few) or open workspaces (which is 1). I have an another market depth application running on the same machine, processing the same data feed that keeps up to the second that I can compare to a live trading room application that also is current. I believe NT8 has a fundamental design flaw that causes these delays under fast market conditions. I'm now evaluating other platforms.

Comment

@jphiggs, I sympathize with your situation. Yesterday during all of the crazy action my machine didn't lag or freeze up after switching out the .NETframework 4.7. Have you looked at what version your machine is running of that file?

Comment

@silver99, I'm not running .NET 4.7. It's an earlier version.

Comment

a NT 8 data issue

I have a dedicated computer just for NT 8 and having all kind of data issues for the last 3 days. Even with one chart with no indicators and one dome, data was just frozen or lagging. I have determined that this is a NT 8 data issue because:
                                - my other computer with Interactive Brokers data was working fine
                                - 2 other computers with MT 4 data were working flawlessly
                                - built another computer only with NT 8 : same problem
                                having contact support and receiving suggestions to fix it, the problem persisted.
                                I stick with IB for now
                                Hope NinjaTrader will fix it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post yertle
                                by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post bmartz
                                by bmartz

Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post funk10101  
                                Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Started by MarianApalaghiei, Yesterday, 10:49 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Working...
                                X