Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Reconstructed Tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reconstructed Tape

What we are looking for is the source code to this functionality so that we can do what we need to with the 'raw' order data, not all these broken up T&S data.

Can we get the source code to the current T&S window and I can write the code to consolidate the trades back to a reconstructed tape!

Hello seanhughes16,

While we cannot provide the internal source code for any window in NinjaTrader, I do have an example that demonstrates how to reproduce the behavior of the Time & Sales window in an indicator using data from OnMarketData.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea - I will take a look at those T&S code files and let you know if I run into any trouble getting a reconstructed tape up and functioning!

Thank you for providing those, greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by seanhughes16 View Post
        Hi Chelsea - I will take a look at those T&S code files and let you know if I run into any trouble getting a reconstructed tape up and functioning!

Thank you for providing those, greatly appreciated.

Sean would mind sharing with us if you were able to reconstruct the tape?

Comment

Hi staycool3_a,

I looked at the code provided and realized quickly that it was not going to meet my objectives so I have tabled this request for now.

It requires learning the Add-On API and functionality and I just don't have the time for that right at the moment with the other coding projects I have in play.

I did get another DM from someone on this Forum asking for it so I know other people are tired of wading through thousands of 1,2, and 5 in order to see what the "real" order flow looks like.

The main problem with Disco's implementation is that you have no access to the internal values which makes it a visual tool only. Most of us are trying to access
          values pragmatically in indicators or strategies.

More to come.

Thanks
          Sean

Comment

Originally posted by seanhughes16 View Post
            Hi staycool3_a,

I looked at the code provided and realized quickly that it was not going to meet my objectives so I have tabled this request for now.

It requires learning the Add-On API and functionality and I just don't have the time for that right at the moment with the other coding projects I have in play.

I did get another DM from someone on this Forum asking for it so I know other people are tired of wading through thousands of 1,2, and 5 in order to see what the "real" order flow looks like.

The main problem with Disco's implementation is that you have no access to the internal values which makes it a visual tool only. Most of us are trying to access
            values pragmatically in indicators or strategies.

More to come.

Thanks
            Sean
            Hello Sean,

do you have a reconstructed tape like that from Discotrading? I tried to buy it, but at the moment all sales are off.
            If you have a license - can I buy it?

Thanks

Testmaster

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM