All GomRecorder Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GomCD and GomDelta Volume stopped working

I've been using GomCD and GomDeltaVolume for about a month and they worked fine. Then one day they stopped working on most (but not all) of the charts they were added to). The only thing I notice is that the "Recording Binary OK" text is missing. The indicators are still there in the indicator list. I tried F5 but that didn't do anything. I also tried removing them from one chart and then adding them back in, but no luck. Write Data is still set to TRUE. The above story is for my upstairs computer. On my downstairs computer I just noticed that Recording Binary KO is showing on one chart and I can't get it to change to OK. I turned the Write Data to FALSE and then back to TRUE, and I also hit F5 a few times, but no luck...the GOM indicators on this chart are working but not recording. Two difference computers, two different problems. Can someone suggest how to troubleshoot these... John

Comment

laocoon,
      FYI- There is a wiki for Gom recorder on BigMikes.

jbclem.
      If you recently imported an indicator related to Gom stuff it might have imported a newer or older gom framework, which might be causing your problems or one of them.

Comment

I'm using the Gom package 1.3b. Is that an older framework, and if it is what can I do about it with regards to troubleshooting this problem. John
        Originally posted by zacharydw00 View Post
        laocoon,
        FYI- There is a wiki for Gom recorder on BigMikes.

jbclem.
        If you recently imported an indicator related to Gom stuff it might have imported a newer or older gom framework, which might be causing your problems or one of them.

Comment

If no text at all => exception raised, check your Log tab in ninja control center
          If recording KO => unable to lock file to write, you must have another indicator with Write=true for the same instrument.

Originally posted by jbclem View Post
          I've been using GomCD and GomDeltaVolume for about a month and they worked fine. Then one day they stopped working on most (but not all) of the charts they were added to). The only thing I notice is that the "Recording Binary OK" text is missing. The indicators are still there in the indicator list. I tried F5 but that didn't do anything. I also tried removing them from one chart and then adding them back in, but no luck. Write Data is still set to TRUE. The above story is for my upstairs computer. On my downstairs computer I just noticed that Recording Binary KO is showing on one chart and I can't get it to change to OK. I turned the Write Data to FALSE and then back to TRUE, and I also hit F5 a few times, but no luck...the GOM indicators on this chart are working but not recording. Two difference computers, two different problems. Can someone suggest how to troubleshoot these... John

Comment

Hi Gomi...I have the same instrument on a different chart, and it has the Binary Recording OK, so that must be why I'm getting the KO...I guess that no matter how many charts I have with the same instrument, only one Gom indicator needs to be WRITE=TRUE. I'll check the log on my other computer and see if I can learn something from that. Thanks for the advice...I may be back for more. John

Comment

Gomi...I've checked the NinjaTrader log and there are 10 exceptions listed for the two Gom indicators. Here's an example of one of them: 1/21/2011 4:00 AM Default Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'GomCD' on bar 4343: The DateTime represented by the string is not supported in calendar System.Globalization.GregorianCalendar. They are almost all identical to this one except for having different bar numbers and some for the GomDeltaVolume. Any idea what I can do about this? John

Comment

Either you're using an old version of the recorder (prior to 1.3b) which had a bug, either your file is corrupt. This can be caused by your PC crashing => windows won't get the chance to write the file from its cache and you're left with a bad file. Only way is to delete the corrupt file (it's in your My Documents folder)

Comment

Looks like it was corrupt files, probably caused by an electrical outage a few weeks ago. You didn't say which files to delete, so I deleted some that were named with stock symbols and the Gom indicators started working again. You didn't say if I had to close down the program first, I did do that, but can I delete the corrupt files which the program is running? John

Comment

Hello to all

I would like an opinion of the comunity

I developed some indicators that use tick by tick calculations

I use the same Indicator in several time frames like 1000, 2000 and 3000 ticks

If I select 10 days of historical when I create the charts, the indicators take several seconds or even minutes to load.

Do you think that is possible to have only one indicator doing the tick by tick calculations for the tree time frames at the same time, and then run the other charts in such a way that is possible to comunicate with this indicator that make the hard calculations

Gomi, does that by writing in a file and then the others will read it from it, but I do not need months of historical data, only a few days and I would not like to maintain a complex file, so i would like to comunicate directly to the heavy work indicator.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi Gom and thank you for all your work
                      I`m using Gom cd but at same time im using a script to have equivolume bars and the bars in Gom cd study are very width wath should i do to correct this

Thank you

Comment

Sound alert for GomCD value triggered

Anyone knows how to put an alert on GomCD indicators in order to play a sound, e.g. when a certain delta value is being triggered?

The Market Analyzer - Columns / Indicator /Gomcd / Special - Alert Conditions even with the Delta Calculation is set to CumulativeChart does not show the 'total' Cumulative value (shown on the CD panel) when added as an Alert condition but a totally different value. In other words the alert should be set on the 'Dummy' value shown on the Data Box too but instead this is not managed correctly by the new alert.

Any idea about how to synch/set the alert according to the GomCD 'Dummy' value?
                        Last edited by paulg; 02-19-2011, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Hello Gomi

Thanks to your help I managed to integrate the UpVolume & DownVolume variables from the GOMDeltaVolume indicator into my strategy and it works perfectly.

Now, I'm trying to also integrate the deltavolume variable but it won't let me.
                          The error message I get says: "NinjaTrader.Indicator.GOMDeltaVolume.deltavol ume is inaccessible due to its protection level".

I'm not sure how to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Comment

deltavolume is an internal variable.
                            public property is DeltaVolume (with caps)

Comment

Gomi, will the NinjaTrader Version 7.0.1000.3 Beta release affect the gom indicators?
                              Shall we stay with NinjaTrader Version 7.0.1000.2?

Thanks,
                              Markus

Comment

Where do the gomcd files ie short go in windows 7? I have XP and they went in My Documents.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                                172 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post sidlercom80