NT just keeps loading and loading...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT just keeps loading and loading...???

Ah yeah. Keeps loading until all my RAM is used up and then closes itself??? It was loading the new contract data and then it freaked out and wouldn't load anymore. Re-opened it and the same thing is happening again. CQG data of course. TF, ES, NQ and 6E.
    Last edited by BottomShark77; 03-13-2015, 07:50 AM.

Hi BottomShark77, thanks for your post.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspaces. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

* Shut down NinjaTrader
    * Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.xml"
    * After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces
    * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart and test for the issue

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Okay, I have figured out which workspace is causing the problem. And I think I know what indicator is causing the problem. So what do I do now? Delete the indicator? It's actually not an indicator, it's MedianRenko which replaced BetterRenko in my choices of data to use. At least I'm pretty sure it is. Maybe not.
      Last edited by BottomShark77; 03-13-2015, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BottomShark77 View Post
        Okay, I have figured out which workspace is causing the problem. And I think I know what indicator is causing the problem. So what do I do now? Delete the indicator? It's actually not an indicator, it's MedianRenko which replaced BetterRenko in my choices of data to use. At least I'm pretty sure it is. Maybe not.
        Okay, nevermind. I have it figured out. It was Median and Wicked Renko not getting along with each other. Wow. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick