X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 clean version

Hello,

before doing something wrong with the installation I want to ask please:

I do not remember exactly how I can have a clean NT7 working. I think it was to rename in documents Ninjatrader and then start NT7 again, correct? What about the indicators? Do I have to install again? The workspaces and templates I can copy I remember.

Thank you
    Tony

Hello Tony,

Thanks for the post.

Here are the steps to generate a new NinjaTrader user folder:
    1. Copy your license key via Help>License Key then save it to a document.
    2. Shut down NinjaTrader.
    3. Rename the NinjaTrader 7 folder in your documents to "NinjaTrader 7OLD"
    4. Go to ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect and download a new installer.
    5. Run the installer and a new user folder will generate when it is complete.

If one of your NinjaScript files corrupted your previous installation, I would recommend reinstalling them from their .zip files. You can copy over other items like workspaces and templates to their respective directories in the new user folder.

Please let me know if I can help out further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chris,

thank you for your reply. What is the difference between doing a new installation as instructed or to rename NinjaTrader 7 and start it new? And will be there all the indicators and script-strategies with a.) new installation and b.) rename and restart.

Thank you
      Tony

Comment

Hello Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

When you only run the installer, that will overwrite the core install files in your Program Files (x86) directory. When you rename the NinjaTrader 7 folder in the documents and then run the installer, that will generate a new NinjaTrader 7 folder in the Documents (the user folder) as well as overwrite the binary files in Program Files (x86).

It is set up this way so you can update without losing all of your scripts and settings. Renaming the user folder and running the installer is a complete reinstallation. You need to move over the scripts to their respective directories (..\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Strategy and ..\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicators) from NinjaTrader 7OLD to NinjaTrader 7. Any compiled .dll files within ..\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom will need to be moved over as well, and add them to your references. You can do that by going to Tools>Edit NinjaScript>Indicator>Open up any indicator>Right click the code>Select References. Then you add the .dll files as a reference. Make sure to right click and click "Compile" to make sure everything is compiling properly.

Please let me know If I can assist further.

Comment

Hello,

when doing so and I rename to "...OLD" and then running the installer and then selecting repair (because we want a new installation and we dont want to remove) then appears the message "account already exists" (my translation from attached screenshot) and the installation is interrupted. This occurs downloading both from "... GetStarted" and also "...PlatformDirect"

Thank you
          Tony
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thanks for the reply.

Please uninstall NinjaTrader first from the Windows Control Center, then try the installer again.

It is possible you might need to use this uninstaller tool to uninstall:
            The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter helps you automatically repair issues when you're blocked from installing or removing programs.

Please let me know if I can assist further.

Comment

Hello ChrisL,

thank you for your reply. "Please uninstall NT first..." means before renaming it? What is with my indicators and scripts? Are they there when doing uninstall or running the uninstaller tool?

Thank you
              Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thanks for the reply.

All of your scripts and settings are located in the ..\Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder. Your original post said you wanted to completely reinstall. To do that, rename that NinjaTrader 7 folder, then run the installer to generate a new folder in the documents. After that, you can move over the important files like the config and all of your custom scripts.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 09-25-2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I wrote in my question here above NT7. Is this the same as NT8 in your reply?

Thanks
                  Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thanks for the reply.

The same applies for NinjaTrader 7, I edited my original post.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Christopher_R  
                    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                    166 responses
                    0 likes