Chart stuck at "Loading Data..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KBJ,

Understood, your petition has been recieved from another thread. Also glad to here your going for now inventor.

Comment

Hello
      I was having the same problems than you guys. I was not receiving any data from MBT for the 6E, no even a 1 day by 2 min chart.
      Then I bought Kinetick and right now I am reciving live data for the 6E
      But I can not place any trade at the 6E, I think is because I am not receiving any data for the 6E from MBT.

Please help!

Comment

Hello,

Please send a note into support at ninjatrader dot com reference this forum thread.

If you can please send via the Control center->Help->Mail To Support option and include your log and trace files.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Signs of Hope with "Error on loading chart data" message

After I restarted NinjaTrader, it went into "Loading Data" for the 6A contract for around an hour.

Then it got a message saying "Error loading chart data for '6A 03-11 Globex': Unable to retrieve data".

So, apparently my earlier assumption that there were no timeouts in "loading data" area of NinjaTrader were incorrect.

Is there a way to get the timeout to occur faster?

If there's no response, or a dropped packet or whatever causes the error, I'd probably want to give up way before an hour has gone by, and maybe retry the operation before completely giving up and logging an error message.

By the way, I was able to manually downloaded a week's worth of data using the Historical Data Manager after the above error message had been displayed with no trouble at all.

Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

This actually isnt a time out. This is an insternet loss on your side that disconnected you from the server, you where then reconnected.

When you get disconnected you will get the error message on any charts that are loading data.

Since you had a chart in loading data mode you recieved the error message when this occured.

I'm interested in the fact that yor chart was stuck loading data for so long. How often does this occur?

Do you find that it occurs at a certain time? When you first start NinjaTrader only?

Any other information?

Comment

Brett,

Thanks for your clarification and sorry for my misinterpretation regarding timeout support.

When I saw the "Error loading chart data" message, I jumped to the conclusion that some timeouts had been added in V7.0.1000.2 which is what I'm running.

I don't get a lot of these "Loading Data" hangs, but when I do get them, they seem to go on interminably (usually I have to restart to reset them.)

I see them about once every week or two ... sometimes more, sometimes less, I haven't been able to consistently correlate the problems with any other factors. As mentioned in an earlier posting, one of the problems happened right after I got a "connection lost" in the log tab, but this isn't always the case (like this last one.)

This time the error happened when I first started NinjaTrader, but I've also seen it happen when explicitly asking for a download of historical data.

It would be quite useful if more information were given as to the progress of a "loading data" request. The display on the bottom border of the Control Center window is nice, but if the operation hangs, I cannot tell what data it successfully completed loading and which data is still left to be loaded -- it would be nice to have the display also include the date of the data that is currently being loaded. Also, when the message switches to "Saving data", there is no indication of what contract, date, etc. is being handled, so it would be great if this data could be added to that message, too. I guess you could call this a feature request, but it's another minor (short) one.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Who is your Internet Service Provider? are you running any firewall software? or you running behind a router?

As far as the reporting is concearned this is on developments list. However what I'm more concearned about is why you keep dropping conections to the server. This is the root cause here we need to isolate.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                  Hello,

Who is your Internet Service Provider? are you running any firewall software? or you running behind a router?

As far as the reporting is concearned this is on developments list. However what I'm more concearned about is why you keep dropping conections to the server. This is the root cause here we need to isolate.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
                  I am also stuck loading data whenever I bring up a new chart. This is NOT a problem with the ISP or firewalls or routers or rebuilding the data base.

Comment

Hello,

Does this happen everytime or just some of the time? Specific instruments? What connection technology? What version of NinjaTrader 7?

Comment

Me too, NT7.0 Doesn't load data fast enough and sometimes not at all, and also it crashes after a few hours. I'm using IB latest TWS. I'm surprised this issue hasn't been resolved already after my multiple interactions with support via email, I got the impression I was the only one and the issue was on my end but I gave up and went back to 6.5 and still using 6.5 which doesn't have any loading issues. Hopefully we can nail it sooner rather than later.

Comment

This bug is the biggest issue that I have with NT7 but it would be much less frustrating if there was at least some kind of feedback - just a bug/issue number would do so I can scan the release notes for it when there's a new release.

Comment

Hello there,

Same issue here on my side. I had the problem already somehow fixed (don't ask me, how I did that) but last week after a serious crash of NT I had the problem again.

I have attached a chart, where you can see that in my case two charts (G & BH) have that problem (Get stuck in Loading Data....). Especially with G (Gas Oil) I have problem since several weeks. Interestingly there are some other issues with this kind of charts:
                          - Bars are not updating at real-time
                          - no sync position informations with my IB account are displayed

A question to NT support: How can I get those annoying synchronising symbols out of my charts. At the time of the screenshot I was only connected to Kinetick realtime!! Where does that information come from?

Peter
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi unter821,

Thank you for your post.

To remove those symbols off your charts please follow the instructions below to disable the plotting of trade executions.
                            • Right click in your chart and select the menu "Data Series..."
                            • Find the "Plot executions" parameter for each data series and change the value to "DoNotPlot"
                            • Press the "OK" button

See here for more information on working with Data Series > How to edit Data Series parameters:
                            http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/working_with_price_data.htm

As for the BH and G instruments can you please go to Tools > Instrument Manager and then find each instrument in the instrument database and then highlight it and hit Edit. In the ensuing window please go to the Misc tab and please let us know which symbols you are using for the IB mapping within NinjaTrader for the G and BH contracts.
                            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have had this issue since september 2010

I have had this issue since september 2010, for 18 months prior to that I had no problems, but now I see a long thread some months later, on exactly the same topic. I was told I had a problem with my ISP, but NT6.5 works just fine. It is good to see that someone is finally taking this seriously and NT can not tell me I am the only one with this problem. Have NT kept up to date with the technological changes that the ISPs have been going thru. Why does this problem not occur with some other platforms, like Metatrader for instance. And why the hell do you not post the resolutions to the problems, it is bloody annoying to read thru a thread and find that at the end of it all you get is "send me your trace file". Trawling thru the forum is not one of lifes pleasure, especially when you you are trying to solve a problem.

Comment

Ryan, Thanks for your answer I have solved that for me already by creating new instruments. Now it seems to work and hopefully that continues. This of course means only that it currently works for me but the problem with getting stuck at "Loading Data..." is still unresolved and should be solved very early!!

Good to know that there is a possibility to disable the plotting of the trade executions.

Thx, Peter

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes