Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.net framework 4.6.2

Hello

I have a question I am running NT8 on W7 Home edition premium. I have .netframe work 4.6.2 but sometime NT8 is suddenly crashing.

I read some posts that reinstal of net frame is advised. I did repair of the netframe work 4.6.2 and my question is does NT8 need also lower version of .net frame work? I read on MS forum that version 4.6.2 should include also versions from 4.0 onwards.

Thank you

Miroslav, thank you for posting!

If you have 4.6.2, then the prior version of .NET Framework should be installed on your PC, so there shouldn't be any need to install a prior version.

If you continue to experience crashes with NinjaTrader, please send a note to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com attaching your log and trace files. In the body of the email, please write ATTN Riley and include this link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...treply&t=98867

Next, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders

I look forward to being of further assistance if you continue to see the same crashes.
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
      Miroslav, thank you for posting!

If you have 4.6.2, then the prior version of .NET Framework should be installed on your PC, so there shouldn't be any need to install a prior version.

If you continue to experience crashes with NinjaTrader, please send a note to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com attaching your log and trace files. In the body of the email, please write ATTN Riley and include this link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...treply&t=98867

Next, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
      • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents
      • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder
      • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email
      • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders

I look forward to being of further assistance if you continue to see the same crashes.
      Dear Riley,

thank you for you feedback. I did uninstall of all version of .net framework and just instal the latest version. Should I also in this case install also other versions?

If issue is occurring again I will send you log and trace files but what I was investigating there is nothing since there is appcrach on windows level.

Miroslav

Comment

miroslav, thank you for posting back.

I believe if you install the latest version of .NET Framework, older versions come pre-built, however, if you run into any scenario where it requires .NET Framework 3.5, I would advise installing that version.

If questions come up or if we may be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
          miroslav, thank you for posting back.

I believe if you install the latest version of .NET Framework, older versions come pre-built, however, if you run into any scenario where it requires .NET Framework 3.5, I would advise installing that version.

If questions come up or if we may be of any further assistance, please let us know.
          Hello Riley,

I have an issues with unhandled net frame issues on my version 8.0.6. Issue is always occurring after update or loading new settings in my strategy. Crash itself is mainly poping up when trying to place order or openning order. When it take some trades without crash NT is then working quite ok. I tried repair of net frame 4.6.2 and not help. I am running on the Windows 7 home edition.

Should I try to install net frame 3.5 or 4.xx?

This is error message I was able to get out to Windows (the most frequent one):

Název chybující aplikace: NinjaTrader.exe, verze: 8.0.6.0, časové razítko: 0x58ef91d8
          Název chybujícího modulu: PresentationNative_v0400.dll, verze: 4.6.1590.0, časové razítko: 0x5787fe41
          Kód výjimky: 0x80000003
          Posun chyby: 0x00049038
          ID chybujícího procesu: 0x14bc
          Čas spuštění chybující aplikace: 0x01d2bd27b35d8b00
          Cesta k chybující aplikaci: C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8\bin\NinjaTrader.exe
          Cesta k chybujícímu modulu: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\WPF\ PresentationNative_v0400.dll
          ID zprávy: e1f6c840-291b-11e7-80ff-0016174b853c

or this one:

Název chybující aplikace: NinjaTrader.exe, verze: 8.0.6.0, časové razítko: 0x58ef91d8
          Název chybujícího modulu: KERNELBASE.dll, verze: 6.1.7601.23714, časové razítko: 0x58bf87a4
          Kód výjimky: 0xe0434352
          Posun chyby: 0x0000845d
          ID chybujícího procesu: 0x4f8
          Čas spuštění chybující aplikace: 0x01d2c287efe3e870
          Cesta k chybující aplikaci: C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8\bin\NinjaTrader.exe
          Cesta k chybujícímu modulu: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
          ID zprávy: 76b004d0-2e83-11e7-bdcd-0016174b853c

Thank you for your feedback

Miroslav

Comment

miroslav, thank you for posting back up.

Please send a note to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com attaching your log and trace files so that I may investigate this further. In the body of the email, please write ATTN Riley and include this link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...treply&t=98867

1. Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents
            2. Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder
            3. Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email
            4. Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Hi miroslav,

I had the same issue. What worked for me was backing up my "Ninjatrader 8" folder in my documents. I renamed it "Ninjatrader 8 backup".

Then I uninstalled and reinstalled ninjatrader 8 so it created it a new folder again call "Ninjatrader8".

Go back and manually add the files you need in from the backup folder.

Hope this works.

FYI. I reinstalled a bunch of different NET versions and none of that worked.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post frankthearm