Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request to stop popup announcement messages

Hello,

Could we seriously request to get rid and disable all possible message popups, including order errors, upgrade reminders, etc?

Thank you

I agree with this, the pop up messages seem completley pointless, if it's written to the log tab in the control centre there is no requirement for the pop up box, at least in the vast majority of cases. If there are a few from errors (for example NT saying historical data is corrupt when backtesting) it can cause the platform to become unresponsive or crash entirely.

Comment

bertochi,

Thanks for posting.

I have submitted a feature request on your behalf to the Development Team to consider the possibility of adding an option to disable all pop-up messages in a future release of the platform.
      Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I agree with this request, maybe having a choice for the types of pop ups to display with one selection being none.

Comment

Request to stop popup announcement messages

This request has been asked before. Please kindly review or update the status of this request.

The attached popup message is from Today.

This is sabotaging the purpose of Ninjatrader as your tool for automated trading.

Thank you.
          Attached Files

Comment

Could you clarify what the in-product announcement interfering with? How is it interfering? Please be as specific as possible.

Also, I am not sure I'm familiar with an open issue or feature request to change the behavior of in-product announcements. Could you provide a ticket number, forum link, or other reference information so I may locate what you're referring to?

Comment

05-07-2018, 09:58 AM
              NinjaTrader_PatrickH said: "Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

At this time there is no update on the feature request. I will add your votes for this to our internal tracking under the ID SFT-671."

Comment

The forum link and feature request you've referenced are for order-related error message pop-ups. SFT-671 is suggesting that the client has the ability to disable error messages specifically.

What you've provided a screenshot of in this thread is an 'in-product announcement' regarding the upcoming rollovers. This is not an error message.

Could you clarify what the in-product announcement interfering with? How is it interfering? Please be as specific as possible.

Comment

Ninjatrader is a software used for automated trading.

To this date, It has a huge limitation, as strategies can not be setup to start "enabled" upon starting the software.

Therefore, the automated trading software requires manual intervention to enable the strategies once the program has been launched. This limitation can be overcome by using other software recording macro keystrokes and enabling the strategies automatically that way. Having popup messages at random interferes with this task.

Thank you.

Comment

Comment

02-11-2018, 02:56 PM
                      NinjaTrader_DrewO

"bertochi,

Thanks for posting.

I have submitted a feature request on your behalf to the Development Team to consider the possibility of adding an option to disable all pop-up messages in a future release of the platform."

Comment

Dear Patrick,

I do not wish to see ANY popup message.

I wish your development team added an option to disable ALL popup messages.

Thank you
                        Last edited by bertochi; 09-12-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I've merged your two posts together. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3030. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 09-12-2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Dear Patrick,

I appreciate your quick response and help.
                            Once this feature is added, it will only make NT a better software.

Thank you

Comment

Can we revisit this idea? I have a subscription I cancelled and now I seem to have a feedback loop of Vendor popups while I try to modify the affected strategies in Strategy Builder Maybe just make a list of such events and create a orange or red box in the control center similar to the "watch" feature so it doesn't interrupt the operation of the platform aside from the addon being disabled.
                              Last edited by Conceptzx; 08-05-2023, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
                              16 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton