Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

No response received from for order Call your broker to determine the status of the o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No response received from for order Call your broker to determine the status of the o

Hi,

This is an ongoing and known issue with NT8 (with TDA) where you may get this popup message for some orders:

"No response received from for order Call your broker to determine the status of the order"

What we know: The problem fixes itself upon restarting NT8 and we get the correct status for the order and the position balance affected by such order. We have known this for about 1 year. Wouldn't you consider this an urgent issue before going into other cosmetic improvements such us the ones on the several updates done over this past year..

We know the issue fixes itself upon restarting NT8. I would have hoped your developing team had figured this out by now. We can keep an eye and baby sit the software but please understand NT8 is broken without this fix, it does not do what it is supposed to do. We have all the patience as users but sadly I feel there is not the same level of urgency from your developers to get this sorted.

By fixing this, you would not only be helping your current users, you would also be fixing your own software which is not doing what it is meant to do.

Thank you

Hello bertochi,

Thank you for reporting there may be an issue.

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so that we may start by investigating the log and trace files.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Chelsea,

Your colleague Patrick is aware of this issue which I have reported in several occasions.

You get this error at random times, and it fixes itself if you restart NT.

You get the error for each order that NT can not get a status from the broker. The order will stay with the status "unknown" and your position will be incorrect, until NT is restarted.

I have already asked to see if this could be fixed given that we know the issue goes away simply by restarting NT.

The exact error is this:
      No response recieved from TDA for order 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' Call your broker to determine the status of the order. affected Order: Buy xxx Market

This is not new and has happened for more than a year now.

Last time I exchanged messages with Patrick, we agreed there was no point in sending you "every day" my log and trace files since you are already aware of the issue.

Many thanks

Comment

bertochi, we last spoke about this issue directly in April of 2017 in ticket #1700530. Please clarify - this same behavior is occurring on the current version of NinjaTrader 8 (8.0.12.0)?

(if you're not using the latest version, please upgrade).

If so, sending your files would likely be helpful as the platform as a whole and the TDA API has changed since last April.

Make sure to reference me (Patrick G) when you write in.

For anyone else reading this thread experiencing what bertochi is reporting, please do the same.

Comment

Dear Patrick,

Last time we talked about the issue was 23/10/2017. I've got copy of our emails. This same issue has happened with each and every one of the updates that NT8 has had during all this time.

I receive an email every time there is an error on my NT8. I clear my log and trace files on a daily basis. I take care of these errors by restarting NT8, each time and every day, "manually". Not very practical, but it is what it is.

I will send you my new log and trace next time it happens.

Thank you

Comment

I agree that we last spoke in October, however, I believe we're referring to two different behaviors (both with the TDA API).

Let me clarify to alleviate any confusion -

Ticket # 1787620 RE: TDA connection issues - last message (from you) October 23 2017. This ticket was originally a continuation of the conversation started here:

This was not related to order submission issues.

Ticket # 1700530 RE: incorrect order status - last message (from you) April 28 2017. If/when the issue occurs, please send in the log and trace files.

Additionally, it is not recommended to delete your log and trace files. NinjaTrader automatically deletes log and trace files after 20 days to keep the total folder size down..

Comment

Dear Patrick,

No confusion please. My message from the 10/2017 was regarding the "unknown" status for orders. I've sent you trace and log for those dates.

As regards to not clearing folders, I delete all unnecessary files and folders, cache and backup regularly. I also have a clean DB with my settings which I restore every time and before I start NT so I know 100% there will be no messing with the database. I do all this because after hours I might run backtesting and optimizations and do not wish my db size to grow exponentially as it did in the past.

So, I will send you new log and trace files for today at the end of the day today or next time I get the error.

Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post maybeimnotrader  
              Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes