Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Build Error in NT8.0.13.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build Error in NT8.0.13.1

I am contantly getting this build error when debugging in Visual Studio.
    Unknown build error, 'Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'InfragisticsWPF4.v15.1, Version=15.1.20151.2055, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb' because it has not been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event.' NinjaTrader.Custom
    What can I do tyo get rid of it?

Thanks

Hello xcondor,

Thank you for the post.

Can you provide details on the steps required to see this error? Also is this preventing visual studio from being able to be used for debugging or is this just being displayed?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Can you provide details on the steps required to see this error? Also is this preventing visual studio from being able to be used for debugging or is this just being displayed?
      Hit F5 or Debug button or any of the "Build" buttons in Visual Studio.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Also is this preventing visual studio from being able to be used for debugging or is this just being displayed?
      The former. Visual Studio cannot build the project because of this error. Therefore, I cannot do debugging in VS.

NinjaTrader does compile but there is no debugging available. I always get the error. It does not matter whether the Ninjatrader.exe process is attached in VS or not. It's just that for simpler stuff I could get away with just using the NinjaScript builds (either auto compiled or expressly compiled in the Editor F5) and sort-of debug the old-fashioned way directly on the platform.

Thank you for the quick response. As Always!
      Last edited by xcondor; 05-11-2018, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Jesse,

This ought to be a separate thread but it is related this thread.

Is there a way to separate or compile separately the current add-on code from the rest of the pre-installed code in the Custom folder for the various canned indicators, strategies optimizers etc? Visual Studio generates 439 warnings, mostly obsolete method calls related to DPI. The warnings relevant to my work get buried in all that noise. I can filter the warnings out but then I miss some important ones that are from my current project. Often the filter gets canceled after Visual Studio restart and even after trying to debug. So I have to reset it frequently. Either way it's a huge time drain and annoyance.

Apparently most of these indicators were just ported from prior versions from years past but not significantly updated to conform with later .net versions.

Thanks

Comment

Hello xcondor,

Thank you for the details.

If this is the NinjaTrader.Custom project specifically, building is not supported from Visual Studio. You absolutely need to use the NinjaScript editor for builds and compiling.

Visual studio can be used as a syntax editor with intellesense plus atttaching for debugging, but would not be capable of compiling directly. For debugging with visual studio, please see the following document: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...isual%2Bstudio

You will not need to compile from visual studio at any point during NinjaTrader development, you would simply need to save the document in visual studio to trigger a compile while the NinjaScript editor is open.

For a separate visual studio project, you can see the following page: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_overview.htm
          (Download Visual Studio Solution for AddOn Development)

Please note, if you take this approach a restart of the platform is required between each compile in VS because this places a compiled dll in the bin/custom folder which is only reloaded at startup.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes