NT 7 keeps shutting down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 keeps shutting down.

NT 7 keeps shutting down when I try to change a daily chart to a 1440 minute. ? & why does a daily chart not reflect all the price data that a intraday chart has? I want to get accurate price data over a longer period of time like 2-4 days time frame. e.g. when I click a daily time frame and switch it to a 3 day chart. major swing lows or highs are omitted and not reflected. Why is that? The low reflected on a day or 3 day chart and the low reflected off a 89 range chart for the same area is off by 1,000 ticks ?? !! The spike in price is not reflected in the daily time frame.

Thx in advance
    Last edited by denalek2419; 06-18-2018, 12:33 PM.

Hello denalek2419,

Thanks for your post.

To resolve the issue of NT7 shutting down when switching charts, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
    Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
    Please reference the following in the body of the email: Atten Paul and include a link to this forum thread.

Regarding your other questions, in NT7 daily bars are fixed at using RTH (Regular trading hours) session templates so they would not reflect the entirety of movement that you would see when viewing an intraday chart with ETH (Extended trading hours) session template.

FYI - In NT8, based on user feedback, the daily bars are ETH based.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello denalek2419,

I just noticed that you have posted in the NT8 section, can you confirm you are working NT7 or NT8?

Comment

Oh sorry. I am using NT 7. So the daily charts and higher do reflect over night price movement on NT7?

I so , that's very disappointing. Is there a way to change the session template or what not so that daily, weekly, monthly and reflect all data ?

Comment

Hello denalek2419,

Thanks for your reply.

We have moved the thread to NT7 area.

As mentioned, in NT7 daily bars consist of RTH hours and these cannot be changed.

The alternative in NT7 is to use 1440 minute bars and then you may apply any session template.

Alternately you can use NT8 which daily bars are ETH based.

Comment

Got it.. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM