230 Min Chart Data Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

230 Min Chart Data Missing

I reported this issue during BETA testing which was reproduced by NT support at the time, I've been off NT8 since as each time I attempt the switch a different bug sends me back to NT7.

When I load historic data and print a 230 Min chart of any futures I've attempted, right now I'm looking at CL ##-##, 6E ##-## & ES ##-## there is data missing from the prior session.
    When I print a 60 Min chart or less the data is there, I want to make the point clear that the data is there in the Historical Data Manager and prints fine on lower time frames.

When I'm connected to Kinetick and load historic data on a 230 Min chart the gap occurs even though the data is in the data manager, when I disconnect from Kinetick and open a fresh 230 Min chart the data returns.

When I contact Support I'm told to Reload Historical Data, The data must be missing.
    I've attempted fresh install, the issue is occuring on 2 seperate machines.
    So for my question, is this issue even on your radar? Is the issue going to be resolved at some point as I reported it originally in BETA testing?
    I am just writing to Report The Issue as it's keeping me from switching over, I'm not writing as I want to troubleshoot the issue for the next month.
    I've attached a screenshot showing that the data is there on one time frame but missing on the other.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Hello torento,

I am not able to reproduce the missing data when I test these instruments in a new 230 Minute chart either. Am I correct the issue only occurs for existing charts? I have created a workspace with 3 charts for the instruments in question. I will check it the next trading to see if there is data missing.

Do you have a ticket number or forum post when you first reported the issue during beta testing?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Earlier today I uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted the NT8 folders, reentered Kinetick username & password and downloaded fresh data with the same result so not only for existing charts.

No I do not have a BETA ticket no it was 2 years ago

Comment

Do you have 'Trading hours' set to <Use instrument settings> in the Data Series menu of the chart or do you perhaps have a different setting selected?

What time zone do you have selected at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->General?

In addition, please send me your log and trace files for today so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->trace

Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...483#post513483' in the subject header.

Comment

Yes to "Use Instrument Settings" and I have not altered the instrument settings

Timezone UTC + 8

Have mailed log & trace files

Comment

Uninstalled Reinstalled again & set timezone to UTC - 5 Eastern Time (US & Canada) downloaded fresh data and the 230 Min chart prints fine.

I Deleted the data then set the timezone to UTC + 8 downloaded fresh data and the issue is back.
            It seems to be an issue with the UTC +8 Time Zone setting as far as I can see.

Comment

As you where able to confirm the issue had to do with NT8 time zone settings I was writing to ask if you had any idea when the issue will be resolved as it was not fixed on the latest update,
              Thanks.

Comment

Yes, unfortunately the issue was not fixed in our latest release (8.0.8.0). We are still working on a resolution. Once there is news regarding the matter, I will let you know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes