X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change multiple tabs at once

Hi NT,

I have a chart with 2 tabs.
    1 tab is just the price chart, the other tab is just an indicator.
    I can flick between both tabs as I wish. Great.

I have many "charts with 2 tabs".

Is there a quick way to flick to flick all charts to the second tab ? (without manually
    selecting each tab for all charts)

Thanks
    AK

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

To clarify, are you seeking a way to add data series or indicators from the first tab to the second tab of a chart without manually adding and removing these items?

If not, could you provide some further details so I can get a better idea of what's being referred to?
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Lets say I have 2 charts (1 and 2)
      Each chart has 2 tabs (A and B).

If I change the to tab B on chart 1,
      I would like chart 2 to also show tab B.

Hope that adds some clarity

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Chart linking works on a per-tab basis. This means that if you link both chart's tab B to one another, the instrument changes made to tab B would be reflected on both charts. To link these tabs, click the square button directly to the left of the "Minimize" button on the chart and select a color. Repeat this process on the second chart, selecting the same color. More information at the below link:

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Drew ,
          I believe what he is asking for , which is something I requested was to Link Tabs. So if linked, a Tab on one chart would also switch to a linked tab on another chart and on the Dom as well. So if one tab was one instrument and you switched to another tab which was another instrument. All the charts would switch to that second tab as well as the Dom. Linking instruments doesn't cut it because all the charts have to reload the data for the switched instrument. It will always be too slow for scalping.

Comment

Originally posted by akvevo View Post
            I have many "charts with 2 tabs". Is there a quick way to flick to flick all charts to the second tab ? (without manually selecting each tab for all charts) Thanks AK
            Similar question recently asked here as well..

Currently this is not possible by default, although the feature request has been added with tracking number SFT-2534..

As a possible alternative, although it's not free, I believe this NT8 addon will do everything your looking for, and more!

https://youtu.be/BvIP1Ea7CKA

-=Edge=-
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

That video looks like the functionality I am after...

While here, any approximate ETA on SFT-2534 ?

Comment

We do not have an estimate on when this feature will be implemented. Feature requests are reviewed by the Development Team and a decision is made on what is implemented based on many factors.

Comment

This upgrade would be an incredible help to keep me organized. Nothing like the fear of placing a trade in Oil daily off of a Euro weekly chart signal. Or perhaps I need better organizational skills.

Comment

Please add my Vote.
                    Groundhog Day.
                    My 7 WS has loads of 3rd-party indicators - mostly to do things I'd like 7 to do - as core or Ninja-supported functionality. Think 'PriceLine'
                    8 looked encouraging, allows me to dispense with many, hurrah.
                    It has some new features, some of which I can see potential in. Tabs - hmm, interesting, I they look like could be helpful - to do per OP, Jerry, ky etc (- uncanny how the requests for genuinely useful real-world implementations seem to come from the same people popping up)
                    Ah, we can now link intervals, but when I think about it, not sure if that can help me. I've got Tabs, now if I could just link them... Ah, I can't....
                    Oh, someone (htech/aka Edge, who, on their website looks like they actually trade) has coded an add-on already, they saw the need for and rather obvious omission here also. Didn't take long
                    Which is what brought me here, having asked in another thread for views on whether to use multiple open workspaces or Windows' Virtual Desktops and thinking linking tabs is the 'obvious' way this should be achieved. Searching stumbled up htech,add-on.
                    But it's a 3rd-party add-on. If I have ANY problem - take off your 3rd-party indicators, rebuild your workspace... And I'd be back to 7 scenario, bloating 8 with 3rd-party indicators to achieve what is obvious core functionality
                    Groundhog Day
                    'twas ever thus
                    SFT-2534 please answer my prayers.....

Comment

Please add my very enthusiastic vote. I'd rather not buy a 3rd party add-on to link tabs by symbol.

An alternate would be workspaces available as tabs, not hidden in the menu.

Comment

I've added your vote to SFT-2534, damian8

Comment

Did this ever go anywhere?

I have this same issue. I have a bunch of tabs for each chart type (e.g. for my volume profile chart I have stoxx, dax, bund etc.) and tabs for the same instruments in a 5-min candlestick window, etc.

I know that I can use instrument link to change the instrument in multiple charts at once, but then NT has to load the data for each instrument change. I use a tab for each instrument so that NT can load the data & it's always up-to-date whenever I need it.

Soooo - being able to link tabs would be very useful. So when I select the Dax tab on my profile chart, my 5-min chart switches to the Dax tab as well, and my daily chart etc.

Comment

We're still tracking this as a feature request and I've added your vote. When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

Can you please add my vote as well. As tab linking would be really great feature that will make my work easier

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view