Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

PriorDayOHLC not working with ETH template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PriorDayOHLC not working with ETH template?

Is there a way to view extended trading hours and use this PriorDayOHLC indicator correctly at the same time?

I like to view Extended trading (US Equities ETH) but the PriorDayOHLC indicator does not seem to work correctly using this template. I believe the Trading hours template should not dictate how PriorDayOHLC indicator works. Is there a way to simply view ETH and have the PriorDayOHLC indicator work correctly for 9:30AM to 4:00PM?

I'm only interested in Pior Close (4:00pm) but when ETH is viewed, this indicator is drawn at the prior close of the extended hours and not the close of the actual day (4:00pm). Thanks so much.

Version 8.0.9.0 with IB data connection.
    Last edited by grazz; 02-07-2018, 12:58 PM.

Hello grazz,

Thanks for your post.

As you have observed, the indicator will work with the applied trading hours session template.

To accomplish your goal of using the indicator PriorDayOHLC based on RTH hours while observing on an ETH hours chart, please follow these steps:

1) Add a second identical occurrence of the data series and:
    a) Set the Chart style to "Line On Close"
    b) Set the color to "Transparent" This will provide a "hidden" data series on the chart
    c) Select the needed RTH trading hours session template
    d) Set the data series panel to 1 (to prevent adding another panel that would be empty)
    e) Turn off plot executions
    f) Click Ok. The should add the hidden data series and your chart will remain the same visually.

2) Add the indicator PriorDayOHLC and:
    a) In the indicators Input series, click o "edit input"
    b) Select the bottom of the two data series (this would be the hidden data series running on RTH template)
    c) Click OK
    d) Click OK.

I've attached an example of NQ 03-18 with the above process.
    Attached Files
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. This worked. Thanks for taking the time to properly explain the steps involved. I have to iron-out a few things. I'll let you know if I have any questions. Thx.

I'd rather not display labels in the upper left corner of the chart.. Now that I added a second identical Data Series, I'm getting a double label for example: AAPL(5Minute), AAPL(5Minute)
      Last edited by grazz; 02-07-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

I was just wondering about the labels on the upper left of the chart. With a single Data Series, there are no labels, but with 2 Data Series, I see a double label in the upper left. Thx.

Comment

Hello grazz,

Thanks for your reply.

With a single data series, there is no need to advise the data series that is on the chart. When you have multiple data series on the chart, then the chart will identify what data series are on the chart. There are no means to hide the text.
          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jclose
          by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
          10 responses