Collapse

Unable to connect to TDA today 08/Feb/2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all due respect, NT7 did not encounter any issues related to ...."downtime or issues which may originate at the data provider...." and this is the annoying part. NT8 should be superior, more robust and if anything, have less issues than NT7 and not the other way around. How many updates did NT8 have compared to NT7? I had to stop all my trading due to this issue today. Sometimes you have to be patient and wait a long time for your trades to become profitable, and to close them all due to this is ridiculous. Forgive me but I can't help feeling disappointed and frustrated with your latest response. I repeat, NT7, a software that stooped getting any updates in more than a year HAD NO ISSUES whatsoever, while the latest NO LONGER BETA NT8 could not make a connection until moments ago. As of this moment, ...."We can no longer reproduce the connection issue", but the issue existed and affected NT8 users. Furthermore, if the issue is not properly addressed, and this is why I suggested a comparison with NT7 connection, there is no guarantee that it may not happen again, any time, at random, or when you most need the program to work. You can do better than this.

Comment

NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 do not use the same API technology for many connections. This is the case for TD Ameritrade as well. NinjaTrader 8 uses a much newer version of the API.

The issue which TD Ameritrade was able to resolve only affected the newer API, therefore, this is why NinjaTrader 7 did not experience the issue.

The root cause of the issue was not NinjaTrader 8 itself, but an item which TD Ameritrade needed to address on their backend with the new API which NinjaTrader 8 uses.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
        NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 do not use the same API technology for many connections. This is the case for TD Ameritrade as well. NinjaTrader 8 uses a much newer version of the API.

The issue which TD Ameritrade was able to resolve only affected the newer API, therefore, this is why NinjaTrader 7 did not experience the issue.

The root cause of the issue was not NinjaTrader 8 itself, but an item which TD Ameritrade needed to address on their backend with the new API which NinjaTrader 8 uses.
        I guess this is why on 2/7/2018 - I was stuck in "Connecting" State for hours from 8:30am EST to 1pm EST, then when I disconnected/reconnected it connected?

2/8/2018 - I tried 3 times at 8:30am EST and was stuck in "Connecting". Some how - it managed to fully connect around 10:55amEST.

Nothing is streaming anyways - so it's STILL broke for me.

8.0.11.1 at least had 2 of 5 charts streaming on Monday when I tried that before upgrading to 8.0.12.0.

I should have time to do start over again this weekend with a new workspace.
        Attached Files

Comment

How do you guys get your charts to work in TDA?

Are you NOT recording data? (I am).

I have am using a multi broker license with TDA as my only connection.

Comment

Hi Sledge,
            I do not use charts with NT. I just use NT to trade.

Dear Patrick,
            I have just spoken to TDA tech support, and they confirmed there was an issue (yesterday 08/Feb/2018) with one of their servers to which NT8 was trying to connect. They fixed the issue by re-directing NT8 to another server. Here is an idea which I discussed with TDA and they said it could be a good idea to work with your developers if they were interested. The idea is this, a while ago I used a small software called "strategydesk", which had an option to swap/change servers within TDA, and it could make for a better/more robust API connection between NT8-TDA IF there is no response from a specific TDA server, to AUTOMATICALLY change and try a different server address. Forgive me, my tech knowledge is basic, but I am very keen to throw you ideas in case this has not been thought about. Market wise, yesterday was a missed day, and hell of a missed day, sometimes you have to wait years to see that kind of price action. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this onto the Development Team..

EDIT: the tracking number is SFT-3025
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 02-13-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post adeelshahzad  
              Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
              10 responses
              1 like
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ