Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor UI feedback/niggle

Hi,

I fairly often make changes to indicators. Often I just check them. One thing that seems odd/bugs me, is that if I open the indicators window on a chart when live, then click cancel, having made no changes at all (I just wanted to check a value etc), the whole platform pauses, charts freeze etc., just for a couple seconds, then all OK again. This happens 100% of the time, on all my charts (I have about 18 open)

Given I clicked cancel and made no changes, it seems like this is unnecessarily loading/reloading things.

The UI would be a lot smoother if this could be resolved. Just another little thing that makes it a bit smoother/seem less buggy.

Thanks.

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your post.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, doing that now. I would also like to add, that doing this, consumes a considerable amount of memory which does not appear to be released at a later time. So there may be a bug here. For instance. The NT8 memory usage now, with market closed and system restarted, nt just loaded is 691mb.Right click chart, choose indicators, click cancell. Now 711mb. Right click chart again, choose indicators, click cancell. Now 736mb. This will continue on and on. During real-time and if you actually do make a change to an indicator, it is much worse. I have learnt to try to avoid making changes to indies when live.

I am aware of the the principles of .net memory usage and garbage collection etc., btw, being a .net developer myself. But, monitoring the system over extended periods of time with memory usage tools, even when the platform is idle such as now, with no new data coming in, seems to show the memory does not get released...
      Last edited by pjsmith; 06-24-2018, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post grayfrog  
      Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
      30 responses
      1 like
      Last Post grayfrog