Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using custom C# classes problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggest contacting a certified NinjaScript consultant here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Comment

but NT supports and encourages custom indicators, right?

there must be some tutorial or information on how to make custom indicators using external code

i know there must be some policy at NT which limits scope of questions...but it seems you know the answers and it has actually taken more posts and more time to discourage me than to provide me with an answer

Comment

clam61,

I do not know the answer and this is indeed outside the scope of what we can support. We support custom indicators and strategies within the context of NinjaScript. When you try to extend the concept to external DLLs and other things you are going into a completely different realm. Since NinjaTrader is C#, you are able to achieve these functionalities, but we unfortunately cannot provide much guidance. We have already provided you all the information we can.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i understand thank you.

well a question about custom indicators inside NT then.

how can i make a class for NT that is a utility class and not an indicator in itself?

Comment

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tml?Overview45 Please also see the samples available in that section of the Help Guide.

Comment

figured it out.

for all those NT noobs who are running into this problem...just place your DLL (if its C#) into <NT install>/bin

Comment

Originally posted by clam61 View Post
                figured it out.

for all those NT noobs who are running into this problem...just place your DLL (if its C#) into <NT install>/bin
                looks like you have missed my post #8

Comment

yes i did. you said

did you try to drop your assembly into my documents\ninjatrader 6.5\bin\custom ?
                  thats not where it goes. it goes into

c:\program files...\ninjatrader6.5\bin

Comment

yes i did. you said

thats not where it goes. it goes into

c:\program files...\ninjatrader6.5\bin
                    my documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\custom is the right place

Comment

i see

well i tried that. for some reason that didnt work for me.

only after putting it in the forementioned place did it work.

Comment

i understand you cannot sit here and debug with me...but since this is an advertised feature of your platform can you at least point me in the right direction? a tutorial? maybe i am missing something?

show ur script pls

Comment

Did you get success?

Did you get success in calling the custom class? I am facing the same problem. The script complies but it never reach the custom code that uses the class from DLL.

Comment

All,

I thought I would add to this post to hopefully help others.

Firstly, very disappointed in NT (NinjaTrader) support here. I would have hoped for better support to the development community who are one of NT’s greatest resources.

Secondly, just been playing with this for a little while. I’ve finally managed to get this to work by deploying the DLL in (Vista) - $user\Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom. Please note though, a restart was required. I don’t know if it is just NT that requires a restart, or your machine. I got lucky and restarted my machine for another reason.

As a reference I did some research on the GAC referred here in previous posts – see here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ex0ss12c(VS.80).aspx

If you have to go down the GAC route and your running Visa watch out for the strong name – I suspect this is some sort of security requirement for .Net or Vista. Perhaps someone with more expertise might be willing to comment.

Kind regards,

Dan

Comment

Dan,

Please understand that there is no way we can support all aspects of C#. You are working with advanced programming concepts and this is outside the scope of what we can offer support for. We can only offer assistance on NinjaScript methods and properties. Thank you for understanding.

Comment

my custom assemblies have to sit in the

C:\program files\ninjatrader6.5\bin

directory

One exemption is a custom assembly that is first called only in OnBarUpdate(). This can be in c:\users\Andreas\Documents\NinjaTrader\bin\Custom

The other assemblies get called earlier, e.g. Initialize() or earlier again in some Property setter or getter.
                                Probably for this reason they have to sit in the NT bin installation directory.

Would appreciate an update of NT as this behaviour is easily to improve

Best regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                                12 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post FrazMann  
                                Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
                                8 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM