Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Distributing Indicators - 32 and 64 bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No reply yet

Comment

?

So what do you recommend? If this company won't take my money, who else should we consider? Does NT retract recommending them now ???

Comment

You are free to pick any protection you'd like if our recommendation would not please you.

I suggest contacting the vendor again as they just published protector V4. Support for protector V4 is integrated in latest NT7B10.

Comment

Will V4 work ok with 6.5?
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Unfortunately I don't know. I suggest trying.

Comment

?

It is not that your choice of tool would not please me. It is when you say things like this in your docs:

NOTE: We have tested multiple 3rd party obfuscation and protection tools. The product listed above is the only one that we did not run into issues with and thus we ONLY recommend and highly suggest you use this one.

It wouldn't bother me at all if the company would reply. I will try again, but if they continue to ignore me, I guess I would like to know what products you tested with to make the above statement AND what were the problems.

Comment

unfortunately I don't recall all details but our statement stands. Please let us know if you found a different product which met your requirements and works well. Thanks

Also: we found that obfuscators would not meet our requirements. Your requirements might be different

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                  Unfortunately I don't know. I suggest trying.
                  Unfortunately I do not have this yet so therefore cannot try it. If and when I do buy this I would want it to work with both V6.5 and V7. Trying after buying is not the right answer and since Remotesoft is unresponsive I would suggest you try it and let me know the answer to my original question, thank you.
                  eDanny

Comment

Sorry I don't follow. You either needed to protect your NT7 work or not. For that matter you would consider using Protector from RemoteSoft or not. After you decided and potentially purchased Protector V4 for NT7 you should verify if it worked for NT6.5 as well.

A quick test I just performed did not exhibit any obvious issues. However, as pointed out below I strongly recommend you tested by yourself.

Comment

What is there to not follow?

1. Remotesoft doesn't respond to emails, etc.

2. Yes I want to protect V7 indicators but cannot try without the Protector.

3. See #1 in reference to #2

4. If I would use Remotesoft I would want it backward compatible with V6.5

5. Since I do not have it yet I cannot test it.

6. You recommend only this solution to protect indicators so you have a responsibility to know and inform us if it actually WORKS, including V6.5

7. You actually have it on hand, therefore my request for you to test and give the results. People need to know what they are purchasing before the purchase, not after.

8. What is there not to understand?
                      eDanny

Comment

Unfortunately we can't provide the information you're looking for since we are neither the vendor nor the builder of Protector V4. Quick tests did not exhibit oddities. However, this is not to say there might be unknowns, possibly even related to your actual indicators/strategies.

Please consult with the vendor of Protector V4 would be backward compatible with Protector V3.X or run your own tests as per below or consider a different approach if you would be displeased with the product or the vendor. Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

RemoteSoft Response

They did write back. Not sure what the problem was. Here is the link in case anyone else needs it:

http://www.remotesoft.com/order-nt-299.html

Comment

Update: I got a new version of Protector V4 today. We're testing this now internally and will incorporate into next beta if there are no issues found. Provided all goes well you should contact RemoteSoft after next beta for either a free upgrade to this latest V4 (provided you purchased V4 recently) or for a paid upgrade.

Comment

?

What does it mean to "incorporate?" Do you have to compile the product for us to be able to use it on our indicators/strategies?

Comment

That is correct. Nevertheless you needed to purchase a license (if you don't have yet) from RemoteSoft.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post nandhumca  
                                Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post The_Sec