Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Looking for a tutorial on how to manipulate indicators to create a new indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question. I uninstalled my ninja when I was looking to fix that problem with the error above. I also deleted the files in program files, and copied the ninja folder in "my documents." I did not create a backup before doing this.

Can I restore my tic data with the ninja folder I saved off from the "my documents" folder? Is there a folder in there that contains that data? I don't think ninja supports that in a way like some other platforms correct?

Comment

Looking for an explanation on List Variables, there doesn't seem to be anything in the ninja documentation?

Comment

Arrays and Lists would be more general C# and therefore outside of the scope we can support here, but MSDN / Google would offer lots of input on those.

For the folder you saved, look under NinjaTrader7 > DB > this would contain your stored historical data (tick, min, day).
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post

For the folder you saved, look under NinjaTrader7 > DB > this would contain your stored historical data (tick, min, day).
          Can I just copy the "db" folder over?

Comment

Yes, that should work, close NT7 before doing this step.

Comment

How would I go about creating a data series within one indicator that I could reference from another indicator.

Say I have an indicator that calculates the value of something, and I then want to put that into a series.... so that from another indicator I can reference these values.

Comment

You would need to store values in a custom series and then expose this series for external access (plots would be exposed per default, but not regular dataseries objects) - here's how it works:

Comment

You would need to store values in a custom series and then expose this series for external access (plots would be exposed per default, but not regular dataseries objects) - here's how it works:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4991
                  I am a bit confused. I installed the "SampleBoolSeries" file, and attempted to get access to the BoolSeries created in the file, "SampleBoolSeries."

I created a random study, to print the value of the dataseries(bullIndication) that is created in the sample file as I thought the purpose was to have the information in that DataSeries available to any study?

I tried to get access to that file with:
                  Code:
                  Print(SampleBoolSeries().bullIndication[0]);
                  And then I get the following error in the picture.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yes, this will not work, you would need to access the public property, so the capitalized Bull / Bear indication.

Comment

Ok that worked, thank you sir!

Comment

I've gotten most everything I need and my script is working close to the way I want, but now I'm having a "DrawText" Problem.

Here are some arrows I painted on the chart, along with some text I wanted to print under these particular arrows. You can see it will only print on one arrow and not ALL of them. I have the DrawText in the same location of my code as the arrows.

I thought it was because they both had the same tag, but I paused one of them, and still got the same issue.

How would I get this to print the text for each one?

Here is the code snipet in case the pic is unclear:
                        Code:
                        			//1a_a Trade
                        			if(ERG_Trade().Ltsx[0] == 1 && ERG_Str1().HISTSlope[0] == 1 && ERG_Trade().HIST[0] >= 10 )
                        			{
                        				if(ERG_Trade().HISTSlope[1] == 1 && ERG_Trade().HISTSlope[2] == 1 && ERG_Trade().HISTSlope[3] == -1)
                        				{	
                        				DrawArrowUp("arrow"+CurrentBar.ToString(), true, Time[0], Low[0]-12*TickSize, Color.Green);
                        				DrawText("text"+CurrentBar.ToString(), Open.ToString(), 0, Low[0]-30*TickSize, Color.Black);
                        				DrawText("text","1a_a", 0, Low[0]-38*TickSize, Color.Black);

}
                        			}
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by forrestang View Post
                          I've gotten most everything I need and my script is working close to the way I want, but now I'm having a "DrawText" Problem.......
                          I got it working.

Comment

I have another question. I've generating a bunch of entry arrows/signals. The plan is to eventually get this into a strategy.

How would I go about generating the opposing sell signal for each of my entries based on some criteria I have? Is there a functionality in ninja that makes this easy to do?

Here is an example of the code I use to generate one of the signals.
                            Attached Files

Comment

PPF's are a wonderful thing - sorry I'm not sure I follow exactly what you look for - wouldn't your sell signal then be tied to a custom condition programmed into the script as well?

Generally you can tag entry & exitsignal together via the EntrySignal / FromEntrySignal paramters provided in the Entry() methods.

Comment

PPF's are a wonderful thing - sorry I'm not sure I follow exactly what you look for - wouldn't your sell signal then be tied to a custom condition programmed into the script as well?

Generally you can tag entry & exitsignal together via the EntrySignal / FromEntrySignal paramters provided in the Entry() methods.
                                Well, say for example I already have ALL the entry signals coded, which I do. So each time a possible trade shows up, it plots the corresponding arrow at the proper time. So all my entry signals are right where I want them.

Looks like I forgot to attach ONE OF the code snippet used to generate an entry:
                                Code:
                                //1a_A Trade

if(ERG_Trade().Ltsx[0] == 1 && ERG_Str1().HISTSlope[0] == 1 && ERG_Trade().HIST[0] >= 10 )
                                			{
                                				if(ERG_Trade().HISTSlope[1] == 1 && ERG_Trade().HISTSlope[2] == 1 && ERG_Trade().HISTSlope[3] == -1)
                                				{	
                                				DrawArrowUp("arrow"+CurrentBar, true, 0, Low[0]-12*TickSize, Color.Green);
                                				DrawText("text0"+CurrentBar, ""+Open.ToString(), 0, Low[0]-30*TickSize, Color.Black);
                                				DrawText("text1"+CurrentBar ,"1a_A", 0, Low[0]-38*TickSize, Color.Black);
                                				inTrade = true;			
                                				}

}

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post algospoke  
                                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM