Can we stop the 'region' expansion in Ninja Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we stop the 'region' expansion in Ninja Editor

Can we please add a "settings control" to the NinjaScript editor to stop the pernicious "region expansion". It pops open every single region on just about any code you enter or change. I'm sure for small pieces of code or those without #region, this is not an issue, but for larger chunks of code it makes the Ninja Editor very unwieldy.....(sometimes it would be nice just pop up the Ninja Editor and use that versus always using an alternative code platform).

Hello andrew56,

Thanks for your post.

This is a current limitation in the version of ActiPro that NinjaTrader uses for the NinjaScript Editor. Since this issue originates from the ActiPro software the solution would have to come there as well.

This is fixed in more recent versions of ActiPro so it will be fixed when the ActiPro software that NinjaTrader uses gets updated.

I cannot comment on when this would happen since the development team has to consider other tasks and priorities, but it is an item we are tracking. The tracking ID is NTEIGHT-10207 and can be noted in the help guide when a new release contains the ActiPro updates.

Release Notes can be found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

If there is anything else we can do to assist, please let us know.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks..............

Comment

URGENT: Stop the Flashing

When one enters an expansion region, the region as a whole within its contextual boundary is highlighted. This may be useful, but it is extremely annoying when merely transiting the area! It just creates a distracting flash!

Please add these settings for this highlighting:
        Enable/disable entirely
        Set the highlight color
        Choose either the bounding box only (but no region highlight) or full region highlight
        Set a delay amount (milliseconds) before the highlight occurs

Furthermore, this must be a priority since it is well-documented that such types of flashing can cause physical illness in people prone to such visual effects.

Epileptics and others are particularly at risk. NinjaTrader leaves itself at considerable legal risk if it does not provide this enhancement ASAP.

Anyone affected by this behavior could claim NinjaTrader was aware of the issue and should have addressed it with the highest priority.

I raised this issue nearly 18 months ago (https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ad.php?t=87141) and there has been no progress.

Please take this very seriously and push ActiPro for these enhancements ASAP, as they too could be at the same considerable legal risk if they delay on doing this.

Many thanks!
        Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
        jeronymite
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

We use a third party component where we don't have much control over behavior but do have some styling options. I cross checked Microsoft's Visual Studio, this is the app we use to develop NinjaTrader. It has the same behavior, You can download a community free edition of visual studio from Microsoft to cross check and verify.

What I do see however is the the highlight effect has more opacity applied then we do in the NinjaScript Editor. What we could do is apply more opacity. If you have visual studio already installed would you mind giving it a look to see if that opacity level would satisfy the concern. If so we could look to increase opacity to the same level as visual studio.

-Brett

Comment

URGENT: Stop the Flashing

Thanks, Brett.

I would strongly recommend working with the third party (ActiPro?) on this as the risk of legal complication for NinjaTrader and ActiPro is "not insignificant". I have already contacted Ray directly on the matter to make him aware of the risks you run.

In the circumstances, please add an extra option to those already requested below, namely the ability to set the Opacity.

As for an immediate workaround, I do recommend you reduce the Opacity.

Please continue to address this internally and with ActiPro. It may cause a lot of grief for you both down the track if it adversely affects the well-being of a user.

Thanks!
            Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
            jeronymite
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

What we will do is just decrease the opacity to be in sync with Microsoft by default. Thanks for bringing it up.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH