Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Performance on AMD with AMD GPU and i7 with AMD

Hey guys!

Who's idea was it to use GPU rendering for charts in NT8?! You should know better by now than to rely on MSFT garbage 3D rendering API's.

I've got a Ryzen 1700X and an I7 with AMD 580's and the charts stutter even with no indicators.

I was going to start porting my stuff over to NT8 but ..... ugh .. . NT8 is basically useless for GUI remote VM colo now unless you have a dedicated nVidia GPU. NT7 no problem, works smooth as silk.

I assume you are going to support NT7 for the foreseeable future or until NT9 or NT8 is put on GDI+?

This is a whopper of a mistake, imo.

jstanford2,

Thanks for the feedback.

Before answering any of your 'why' questions, I am more curious about investigating further about what you're reporting. I would not expect the PC you've described with that hardware to experience issues.

Originally posted by jstanford2 View Post
    I've got a Ryzen 1700X and an I7 with AMD 580's and the charts stutter even with no indicators.
    and
    Originally posted by jstanford2 View Post
    NT8 is basically useless for GUI remote VM colo now unless you have a dedicated nVidia GPU.
    Are you referring to the same PC in these statements? The way I am interpreting these statements is that your physical PC has those specs, but you're running NinjaTrader on a virtual machine which is experiencing the performance issues you describe. Is this accurate? If not, could you elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      jstanford2,

Thanks for the feedback.

Before answering any of your 'why' questions, I am more curious about investigating further about what you're reporting. I would not expect the PC you've described with that hardware to experience issues.

and

Are you referring to the same PC in these statements? The way I am interpreting these statements is that your physical PC has those specs, but you're running NinjaTrader on a virtual machine which is experiencing the performance issues you describe. Is this accurate? If not, could you elaborate?

Many different machines.

I7 w/ 580 16GB ram
      Ryzen 1700X w/ 580 32GM ram
      Colocated VM 12GB ram

All windows 10.

Don't tell you you can load a basic futures chart up, connect to data feed, move the mouse, and you don't see it lock up and freeze or get out of sync with the Dom.

:/ Fail Ninjatrader .. fail ...

Comment

There is a certain amount of 'out of sync' behavior expected due to the refresh rate difference between the chart and the SuperDOM, but it sounds like you're experiencing something which is not this expected behavior.

I cannot replicate anything other than that expected refresh rate sync behavior. I did not notice anything out of the ordinary when following your steps:
        • Load a chart with no templates or add-ons
        • Connect to live data
        • Move the mouse

We'll need to find out more about your PC and your NinjaTrader to learn why this is occurring on your end.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this forum thread and '1889838 ATTN Patrick G' in the subject or body and include precise steps on how to reproduce the behavior on your end.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred