Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save the alerts data

Hi

How do you save the alerts in the Market analyzer. there must be a template?
    I have tried saving the Market analyzer template but the Alerts are then not saved?

Thanks

Alerts currently cannot be saved as part of any template.

Could you go into further detail about what you're trying to accomplish with saving an alert to a template?

Comment

Hi Patrick

I have over 50 alerts set up in the market analyse with audible identifiers, and I don't want to loose them.

May I ask what the thinking is that there is no way to save them?

In my search I found that a request for this was made nearly a year ago:
      "For future reference, your request to allow Alerts to be saved as part of a Market Analyzer template is being tracked with ID #SFT-2045."

Surely the Alerts should be able to be saved somehow!

Comment

An alert template can depend on dynamic objects like drawing tools or indicators that may not exist on another chart/Market Analyzer. This would make the alert template non-functional when applied to a new window.

We are tracking interest in alert templates, and I'll be more than happy to submit your vote for this feature.

If you would like to vote for this feature it would also be helpful to know what you would desire as you apply the template in a scenario where the root window doesn't contain the required dynamic objects to make the alert function:
        • Would you desire that NinjaTrader add the indicator/drawing tool to the chart/Market Analyzer?
        • Or, an error message then load the rest of the template but just skip over the conditions with missing objects?
        • Else?

Comment

I am requesting that Alerts that are set up in the Market analyser that an indicator or such has reached its determined point, and an alert has been triggered to tell me that this has happened.

this was requested = allow Alerts to be saved as part of a Market Analyzer template is being tracked with ID #SFT-2045."

The request is that an alert that is created can be saved.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'll add your vote.

Comment

Hello Support

Is it possible to save a template for Alerts?

I create Alerts on drawing objects like a Ray or Line. I want to create a template of the Alert set for the Line

Appreciate your help

Comment

It is not possible to save an alert template in any fashion due to the items mentioned in post #4

I will add your vote to the feature request for alert templates.

EDIT: The tracking number is SFT-1988
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 04-23-2018, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Make alerts part of Market Analyzer

An error message when not loading compatible alerts, referring to the log file (so that it can be determined what is missing to get that particular alert working.

Or, the ability to load all alerts into the menu, but leave "incompatible" alerts "disabled", giving the user the ability to modify the alert to make it functional or remove it from the list.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                  An alert template can depend on dynamic objects like drawing tools or indicators that may not exist on another chart/Market Analyzer. This would make the alert template non-functional when applied to a new window.

We are tracking interest in alert templates, and I'll be more than happy to submit your vote for this feature.

If you would like to vote for this feature it would also be helpful to know what you would desire as you apply the template in a scenario where the root window doesn't contain the required dynamic objects to make the alert function:
                  • Would you desire that NinjaTrader add the indicator/drawing tool to the chart/Market Analyzer?
                  • Or, an error message then load the rest of the template but just skip over the conditions with missing objects?
                  • Else?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, TraderT. I'll add it to the feature request.

Comment

Saving Alerts

Greetings, just another vote for saving alerts. Would be a great time saver and I could spend more time trading and less time re-writing alerts.

Comment

Added, TraderWan.

Comment

please add my vote
                          Re: 'solutions' to post #4 reasons (or rather excuses, they're not reasons not to do it, they're challenges doing so presents that should have been addressed at the get go):

- Give an error message saying what is missing to cause Alert not to work
                          - Disable the aspects that won't work
                          - Give the User a choice to continue only with the working aspects, or to disable entirely
                          - Give User-friendly information on what the User would need to do to get it to work, or direct to a comprehensible Help Guide on the subject explaining how Alerts and Alert templates work, why the User is likely getting this error and examples of how to fix it, or not
                          Last edited by brucerobinson; 07-18-2018, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Bruce. I've added your vote.

Comment

Please add my vote for this feature too. Given that it has been asked for since at least 2015 (and no doubt earlier), it doesn't seem like it's getting too far though!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                              Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse