Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancellation of DOM order move on close

Hi,

An issue that has been bugging me for a while (at least, it catches me out).

If you have orders pending in the DOM, like many other traders who scalp, I sometimes pick up the exit limit order, ready to move it. However, if it fills by itself before I got a chance to click on the numbers and move it, the DOM can be left in an odd state. What I mean by that is that if you forget, then try to click the DOM later to place an order, nothing happens. That last pickup of the limit order is still lingering, even though the order was already closed. Then, you've missed the opportunity whilst you figure out why the DOM isn't working. Pressing escape to cancel the previous pickup of the limit order puts you back on normal mode.

It would be useful in charttrader and the superdom (I noticed I think charttrader leaves the cursor in order placement mode too), if the move in progress would be cancelled if the order in question is filled.

Make sense? It seems like a sensible thing to do with no downsides to me and prevents leaving the SuperDOM / chart in a state where you can't quickly execute. There would be no reason to leave the order placement in progress active if the order has already filled?

Thanks.

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. I will review this behavior and follow up with our findings.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this matter. This is currently expected behavior, I will, however, submit a request on your behalf so feedback in this item is tracked.

The ID for this request is SFT-2481. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. If implemented, this would also list in the NinjaTrader Help Guide release notes (Help > Help > Release Notes).

Let us know if we may assist further.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. I will review this behavior and follow up with our findings.

We look forward to assisting further.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM