Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

filling in area in histogram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

filling in area in histogram

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	909353I created a histogram but I want to fill it in this is what it looks like. I can make the bars thicker but charismatically it is ugly. I thought Draw.Region but I wasn't sure. All I want to do is fill in the area. I really don't need histogram bars.
    Last edited by ballboy11; 04-19-2018, 02:34 PM.

Hello ballboy11,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to check, what part of the image are you referring to filling in? Are you referring to the Red vertical bars and making them wider to fix the open space? Can you provide more detail on what needs to be filled here?

Draw.Region would be good for filling the area between a Plot and a Plot or a Plot and a Double, if what you are showing can be encompassed by that you should be able to use a region. If a region will not work for the area, you can still use the OnRender override to do more custom drawing. Depending on what needs to be filled, one of these routes should work for the goal.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have 2 plots bars and a line. All I want to do is fill the areas where the bars are.

Comment

Hello kiss987,

Thank you for the reply and updated image.

If you are just trying to shade the area between the bottom line and the top of your bars, you could use a region for that. You would need to supply the bottom value and the Plot to Draw.Region. Very likely you would need to use the following syntax:

Code:
        Draw.Region(this, "tag1", CurrentBar, 0, PlotNameHere, 0, null, Brushes.Blue, 50);
        Your top plot goes where PlotNameHere is and then you would replace the second 0 with your bottom value (if other than 0).
        If your bottom value is another plot, you could replace the 0 with the plot name, Draw.Region supports both Plot and Value or Plot and Plot drawing.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jeronymite  
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes